Search Fishin.com

Thread: Fishin holes

Post Thanks / Like

Fishin holes

Hey Y'all, I am new to the area where I live now. It's a great little town in the mountains of eastern Kentucky known as Wheelwright. I would like to know if anyone knows any good spots to spend some time fishing in my area. I am situated roughly between Pikeville & Prestonsburg but travel to Pikeville for work. I am not yet extremely familiar with all the areas around me so please have patience if I have no clue where you are referring to. MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE

-SweetP 😗

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
    Hey Y'all, I am new to the area where I live now. It's a great little town in the mountains of eastern Kentucky known as Wheelwright. I would like to know if anyone knows any good spots to spend some time fishing in my area. I am situated roughly between Pikeville & Prestonsburg but travel to Pikeville for work. I am not yet extremely familiar with all the areas around me so please have patience if I have no clue where you are referring to. MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE

-SweetP 
    Pull up Google Maps & type in Wheelwright Ky .... you'll see Fishtrap Lake just off US460 (Southeast of Pikeville). Look Southwest of Wheelwright & you'll see Carr Creek Lake. West of you, and on the other side of Hazard Ky is Buckhorn Lake. Dewey Lake is due North of Wheelwright & on the other side of Prestonsburg.

Can't give you any info on any of these lakes, as I don't fish that area of the state. But you can Google up those lakes by name & get some idea of what's there species wise & maybe a layout map of the lake (ramps/marinas/parks/etc). If you use Google Maps to find the lakes, click on the "Satellite view" and you can zoom down & see the lakes from an overhead view. You can zoom down close enough to see stumps & deadfalls & tell the difference in mud & rock banks, as well as see where the marinas & ramps are located on the lakes (& the roads leading to them).

... pappy
    Likes SweetP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Pappy

Thanks to you for your advice kind sir ...