Search Fishin.com

Thread: Buck Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Buck Creek

Anyone ever fish it. Looks like frogin mans dream.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're talking about Buck Creek Lake near Stanford, yes I have fished it twice. Did well one spring on a topwater chugger near the back. Caught 2 chunky bass. There are some nice panfish in there, or used to be. I fished it again out of a kayak, but didn't do as well. I do know the moss you are talking about. Get's pretty covered up in the summer, but I haven't tried it at that time of year. This was a nice little lake at one time, not sure it's as good as it used to be.

I'm glad you mentioned it though, because I had forgotten all about it and need to go back there. It's a pretty lake with nice atmosphere for fishing. By the way, this lake is where Buck Creek begins.......the same Buck Creek that runs down through Pulaski County and empties into the Cumberland River east of Somerset.

Some good smallmouth fishing in parts of that creek.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished it years ago. Hard to get in and out of. I think there are some nice bass and nice bluegill in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timmbur22 View Post
    If you're talking about Buck Creek Lake near Stanford, yes I have fished it twice. Did well one spring on a topwater chugger near the back. Caught 2 chunky bass. There are some nice panfish in there, or used to be. I fished it again out of a kayak, but didn't do as well. I do know the moss you are talking about. Get's pretty covered up in the summer, but I haven't tried it at that time of year. This was a nice little lake at one time, not sure it's as good as it used to be.

I'm glad you mentioned it though, because I had forgotten all about it and need to go back there. It's a pretty lake with nice atmosphere for fishing. By the way, this lake is where Buck Creek begins.......the same Buck Creek that runs down through Pulaski County and empties into the Cumberland River east of Somerset.

Some good smallmouth fishing in parts of that creek.
    Yea there was a Amish buggy and horse in the parking area, they were fishing out of the newer yaks ,the ones with the fin under it. Not sure how that plays out in there religious beliefs.They've been known to keep everything they catch so it may not be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RngerMac View Post
    Fished it years ago. Hard to get in and out of. I think there are some nice bass and nice bluegill in there.
    Yea the road down there was washed out and had ruts 12inch deep,good thing I had the wife ride. The moss went out in the lake 15 to 20 feet and look like it all the way around it. May have to find a johnboat and give it a try.