Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is one Ohio Navy warrior that never fishes C-land in the warm months. Bring on the cold and the moon. There's been times when I think our boat was the only one on the lake. Of course temps in the teens seems to thin out the herd. Now that's what I'M talking about! SSSHHHH, keep this info to yourself. Still waiting for the trees to die off the banks. Makes it tricky at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Morone View Post
    This is one Ohio Navy warrior that never fishes C-land in the warm months. Bring on the cold and the moon. There's been times when I think our boat was the only one on the lake. Of course temps in the teens seems to thin out the herd. Now that's what I'M talking about! SSSHHHH, keep this info to yourself. Still waiting for the trees to die off the banks. Makes it tricky at night.
    Scott you are not part of the Ohio Navy, LOL.....I bet you can even drive your car in the right lane on the interstate.....
    Likes jcb, stripernut1, Tacklebag23, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of people, including some of my friends who have been life long Cumberland boaters, fishermen, etc....have often complained about the Ohio Navy, including myself....although for me it was more out of jest than anything else. But tell you all what...Summer time on the lake is getting down right ridiculous at times now days...and no one gets left out either...people from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana....I've seen some very non-courteous and obviously inexperienced boaters out there. I guess it's just the times in which we live, and in the big scheme of things is probably just a representation of our modern day society.

My how times have changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    People just don't care anymore,made the mistake of going fishing at night on the poker run weekend,didn't realize it untill we pulled in the parking lot. It was about an hour before dark,we hid in a creek till after dark and it calmed down. Those roller boats put off waves that go from one side of the lake to the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished last Wednesday through Saturday and it was fine. Got off the water around Noon on Saturday and the Navy was in full deployment mode when I got back to the Jamestown ramp. Otherwise it was a good trip, stayed out all night Wednesday and the night bite seems really slow. Best fishing occurred early mornings from sunup to 10 or so. We caught around 10 stripes total, biggest around 30'' and several really nice cats. Weekdays right now are nice with very little crowd, weekends you need to plan to be out with the sun and back by lunch if not sooner and you'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
    Fished last Wednesday through Saturday and it was fine. Got off the water around Noon on Saturday and the Navy was in full deployment mode when I got back to the Jamestown ramp. Otherwise it was a good trip, stayed out all night Wednesday and the night bite seems really slow. Best fishing occurred early mornings from sunup to 10 or so. We caught around 10 stripes total, biggest around 30'' and several really nice cats. Weekdays right now are nice with very little crowd, weekends you need to plan to be out with the sun and back by lunch if not sooner and you'll be fine.
    Where you able to catch any bait? Last time I was down there it was really tough.
    Likes leftyfrazel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

a lot of gar

I went fishing under lights, around the pitman creek area and caught 6... 6 gar... 2 nice sized crappie and one keeper Striper but he or she got loose as I was grabbing my net..... my fault it was a bad knot.... I also caught a striper I landed that was 18 inches released she swam off real strong only to see it floating a little later... which pissed me off because I did not lip it when I caught it knowing I was going to have to release it. Then at about 3 AM the bite just quit.... nothing bait left the lights and every thing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzard shad View Post
    Where you able to catch any bait? Last time I was down there it was really tough.
    I dropped anchor in a short cove about 2 miles from low gap headed towards the dam and dropped my light. A few hours later there was bait everywhere which I could easily have caught if not for my cast net being fubar when I pulled it out to throw.