Search Fishin.com

Thread: ky .river

Post Thanks / Like

ky .river

me and the wife want to put the pontoon in ky.river and just cruise .we are looking for a ramp close to I 64 could someone tell me if there is a ramp close to the interstate that we could use .any help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are referring to Franklin county looking for a ramp, there is one on KY 420 old lawerenceburg road. You can google boat ramps on Ky river and get plenty of results. There are some good apps available too for your phone and pads. I think the ramp I mentioned is probably the closest to 64. Go on into Frankfort just a couple miles to the Benson creek ramp and I believe you will find that one to be better. Hope this helps. Enjoy and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there not a ramp near the library in downtown Frankfort? Also one just east of Lawrenceburg.

Post Thanks / Like
    x2 on Benson creek ramp.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for info. we did make the trip,had a good time.i tried to anchor and bass fish a little but only caught one little fish.still better than work. thanks again for the info
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO the Frankfort pool isn't as productive as the pools above and below it. Another 10-12 minutes would put you at the Steele Branch ramp on US127 North towards Owenton, and (IMO) better fishing. This time of year fishing around the dams is always a good option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    IMO the Frankfort pool isn't as productive as the pools above and below it. Another 10-12 minutes would put you at the Steele Branch ramp on US127 North towards Owenton, and (IMO) better fishing. This time of year fishing around the dams is always a good option.
    I like Steele Branch. Boat ramp is steep but the scenery and fishing is nice. If you go on the weekend and put in at Benson creek on pool #4 in Frankfort, you can lock thru to pool #3. Just another option.