Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Solunar Calendar

Hey,
    Does anybody look at Solunar tables to figure out when fish will be biting? I go to this website-http://www.solunarforecast.com/solunarcalendar.aspx
    Of Course I fish when I have spare time and if the chart says it is just an average day,it doesn't stop me from going.
    I have found that the fish bite more when the chart says it is a "Better" or "Best" day.
    Especially near full moon and new moon.
    Kurt

Post Thanks / Like

moon phases

I also plan my trips around the moon cycles, I find night fishing anyway I do really well about two days before and after the moon changes from full or none. I cant tell you how many times I've gone a few days early or late and struggled to catch fish in numbers. It could be that I just need to change my tactics , I assume fish are still feeding just not as aggressively.

Post Thanks / Like

Often the So-lunar Tables are on the Money

Quote Originally Posted by kvonn View Post
    Hey,
    Does anybody look at Solunar tables to figure out when fish will be biting? I go to this website-http://www.solunarforecast.com/solunarcalendar.aspx
    Of Course I fish when I have spare time and if the chart says it is just an average day,it doesn't stop me from going.
    I have found that the fish bite more when the chart says it is a "Better" or "Best" day.
    Especially near full moon and new moon.
    Kurt
    Yes they are quite acute. I check them often while fishing on my Garmin GPS which has them built into the electronic device. On days when I catch a lot of fish it seems that the tables show good fishing during that time.

Maybe I fish harder when it's suppose to be good fishing or have more confidence. Being in a good spot doesn't hurt. And it takes time on the lake to figure out where the good spots are. I fish smaller lakes of 210 acres or less and after many years and hours on the lake I have found a few spots that produce well at certain times. They don't always produce all the time. I have to search open water for fish at times during the hot summer months in the middle of the day. But I usually can find some fish and get them to bite. Trolling crank baits during the summer is one way to quickly search a lake. It also helps having a good electronic map card for the Humminbird SI deph/chart unit. I can see exactly where my boat is on the map and know what the underwater topography is like on the bottom of the lake. I like to troll the open water next to steep or gradual drop offs and could not do this without the LakeMaster Digital Hydro-graphic maps. The State of IN IDNR Fish and Wildlife Department personnel surveyed the lake with computer and gps and depth finder and recorded all the data. The data was used to make the hydrographic maps with some type of engineering autocad computer software. I highly suspect that Lake Master or Johnson Controls purchased the raw date from the State IDNR F&W Dept and use it for their Lakemaster map of the lakes I fish. I fish Bluegrass, Loon and Otter Pits at Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife Area. But I've not been fishing much in the last two years.

Post Thanks / Like

love the blue grass ptss

[QUOTE=I fish. I fish Bluegrass, Loon and Otter Pits at Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife Area. But I've not been fishing much in the last two years.[/QUOTE]
    Small world, I had a project in Princeton in 2012 and brought my float tube I use to fish the Blue grass pits about 3 evenings a week. I caught allot bass and crappie from loon and Spooner. I'll be back in 2018 this time I'm buying a kayak, my knees are getting a little old to cove as much water as I like to when I fish.