Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar creek,Beaverlake and Herringtonlake

Fished Cedar Thursday from 5am till 4pm had 11bass and about 100 bluegill on a fly rod, only 7 bluegill were big enough to keep,water temp was 72 and warmed to 76 by takeout. Water was clear. Fished Beaver on Friday from 8am till 4pm had 21 small bass and never hooked a good fish all day.Water temps 68 warming to 72 at takeout,water was very murky due to the lake being down about a foot and a half and no moss{weird}and waves keeping the lake like this.Fished Herrington on Sunday,put in at Bryants around 8am and fished to 2:30. Had 9 bass with 5 good keepers, water temp was 72 and stayed that way all day,water was a little stained but there was no current from the rain we just had. Lots of shad moving up in the creeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job three days in a row

Sounds like you a a good three days, thanks for the report. If you don't mind sharing what. Type of pattern were you fishing on Herrington ?
    Likes Tacklebag23 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    Sounds like you a a good three days, thanks for the report. If you don't mind sharing what. Type of pattern were you fishing on Herrington ?
    PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    We only managed two keepers in my tournament Saturday but lost two keepers as well at Herrington. I'm still working on learning the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wormin. Nice report.

Quite a fishing triathlon.

Fished Taylorsville Sunday afternoon & evening 4hrs. Caught 7 Bass, 2 keepers and 5 12 to 14.75". Lost another keeper. All on plastic. 77F. Spent 1/2 my time messing with scattered jumps in shad and Looking for Hybrids. No luck. If there is a lake with more shad than Tvile I'd be surprised.

FWIW a guy coming out when I got there said he had a limit of Crappie in 4 hrs from 10 to 2pm.

I was thinking of going to cedar for a change of pace on Thursday. Did you catch quality fish there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post

Fished Taylorsville Sunday afternoon & evening 4hrs. Caught 7 Bass, 2 keepers and 5 12 to 14.75". Lost another keeper. All on plastic. 77F. Spent 1/2 my time messing with scattered jumps in shad and Looking for Hybrids. No luck. If there is a lake with more shad than Tvile I'd be surprised.

FWIW a guy coming out when I got there said he had a limit of Crappie in 4 hrs from 10 to 2pm.

I was thinking of going to cedar for a change of pace on Thursday. Did you catch quality fish there?
    This trip was a git out of my comfort zone trip. That is why I was using a fly rod, I wasn't targeting bass but bluegill. I did have 3 bass out of the 10 that was over 2 pounds on the fly rod I just wasn't fishing for big fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post

PM sent