Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Otter Creek on Fort Knox

I'm interested in fishing Otter Creek on Fort Knox. I have fished Otter Creek Park many times but just looking for a change of pace. Anybody have experience fishing the creek on post? If so, is it worth the hassle? I do not have a military I.D. or CAC. Thanks in advance for the info!

Edit to clarify: I know I need to check in with Hunt Control to get a permit, etc. I'm wondering more about the quality of the fishing and whether it's worth the check-in, check-out process. Thanks again.

mfrag Guest
    Its been many years (10-15 or so) but I fished it several times a year for a few years in a row. I almost always did well. Smallies, rainbows, and the occasional drum were what I recall catching the most. There used to be an Otter Creek park but I'm not sure if its still around. I fished the area from the park to several miles upstream. I'd always wade upstream and then back. Rebel craws, shadraps, grubs, and tubes worked fine for smallies. Super dupers worked well on the trout. Never did any fly fishing but it might be a place to give that a shot.

Edit: Just realized you were speaking about the section on Fort Knox. I can't help you there but I'd bet any section of the creek would be worth checking out.