Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland conditions

I know that the lake is up, but how does it look? Lots of stain and debris? Thinking about wasting my time and heading there tomorrow ha ha

Post Thanks / Like
    The lake isn't up at all in fact its 16 feet below summer pool. Clear as a bell and nothing biting but dink's....

Current level is 707 and change, summer pool is 723

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow's weather on the lake will be winds from the Northeast gusting as high as 25 to 30 mph blowing obnoxious side ways rain all day and temps in the mid and low 50's....

Good luck man

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Tomorrow's weather on the lake will be winds from the Northeast gusting as high as 25 to 30 mph blowing obnoxious side ways rain all day and temps in the mid and low 50's....

Good luck man
    Well that changes things ha ha. Thank mhall

Post Thanks / Like
    Ur welcome sir....

Post Thanks / Like
    Good weekend to sit in the marina and drink a few, maybe listen to a little music if you are at State Dock Saturday night.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the good news is the chilly temps and cold rain ought bring the surface temp down pretty fast encouraging the fall Striper topwater bite. Ya think?
    Likes Mean Morone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked to my good friend and guide Jared Harmon who said that the stripers are wanting to come up now. They don't stay up long at all, a few seconds, and then they go right back down to deep water. You are correct that this cooler water just might bring them up earlier than what they normally would. I would recommend contacting Jared to find out what the stripers are doing. Let him take you out and get an education on what the pattern is right at this minute.
    Likes kyriverblues liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Water 75 today. They don't seem to be liking shinners this weekend. .. And several weekends in the past. Tried netting bait near the dam in 93' if water and did not do well at all. Did not see many fish higher than 50' in the lower lake. There were a good number of active fish. Plenty.

We did find an area out of the wind.
    Likes Mean Morone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Temps

Weather looks warmer all week. Heading down next two weekends to search for smallies. Sounds like they're still gonna be in transition - scattered. We'll see!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have the cooler nights and days, and rain this passed weekend helped the surface action any?

I'm thinking if its starting, the mouths of the creeks, the flats where they exist, and the area around the deep water transition off the channels near the dam might be places to check.

Do those sound generally like the right patterns to explore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobe Mejuwa View Post
    Have the cooler nights and days, and rain this passed weekend helped the surface action any? I'm thinking if its starting, the mouths of the creeks, the flats where they exist, and the area around the deep water transition off the channels near the dam might be places to check. Do those sound generally like the right patterns to explore?

surface temps 74 this morning, single fish popping the surface very few and far between, nothing you could chase for sure. As far as timing goes anything that happens now or in the near future wont be "early" .....it is already a month late, and they arent even close to staging up in a schooling pattern that would suggest they are close to jumping. The only schooling activity is still in the 75ft deep range.
    Last edited by peter; 10-09-2015 at 09:18 AM.