Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

So - What dya think KY/Barkley Lake will fish end of October

I know the waters rising due to the flooding but that probably won't last by the time I head down there. Leaving around the 23rd of October for a tourney outta the Moor's on Thurs/Friday the 29th and 30th. Not sure if we'll bother pre-fishing Barkley or if we'll concentrate on Paris on down for a couple of days and then KenLake on down towards Paris? Hoping they'll be moving into the coves and bays more so than they are at present? Wondering about the bite, i.e, jigs and plastic or top water and cranking? Any info would be helpful, how's the Blood doing, or any of the other big creeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Expect more fish in the creeks and bays feeding up for winter. Not sure where you got the information that the lakes here are flooding...we are at one foot above winter pool...not flooding. Expect topwater, crankbaits, spinnerbaits and swimbaits on the top of the list unless we have a big cold front...then think jigs and shakey heads.

Dave
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a short report a few days ago when I returned from Barkley. I don't know if it will help but I'll repost it here.

Things seem to be picking up on Barkley

I just got back from four days at Barkley and things are picking up compared to when I was there about three weeks ago. I was in my kayak this time so I didn't cover a lot of water but I could tell the difference none the less. I found my best bite was working points and rip-rap. Of course the water level is very shallow now so be careful if you go.
    I may take the kayak and go for a couple of days next week if I get the chance. If I do I'll post of any success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I posted a short report a few days ago when I returned from Barkley. I don't know if it will help but I'll repost it here.

I may take the kayak and go for a couple of days next week if I get the chance. If I do I'll post of any success.
    Just an FYI, there's a BFL Regional going out of the Moores Thursday-Saturday. I'm not sure if that would effect your plans or not, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    Just an FYI, there's a BFL Regional going out of the Moores Thursday-Saturday. I'm not sure if that would effect your plans or not, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.
    Thanks for the heads up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    Expect more fish in the creeks and bays feeding up for winter. Not sure where you got the information that the lakes here are flooding...we are at one foot above winter pool...not flooding. Expect topwater, crankbaits, spinnerbaits and swimbaits on the top of the list unless we have a big cold front...then think jigs and shakey heads.

Dave
    Man, my oncall sched has kept me from KY and Barkley this Fall. I had 1 trip a couple weeks ago, where I dang near tore the axle off my trailer.

Once I get my trailer fixed.....still waiting on parts, I plan on coming down the last two weekends in October. That will be it for me this year .

I guess that just means I really get to hit it hard next spring .

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I got back Wednesday from Blood river. I was happy with my trip. Caught quite a few bass. Mostly smallmouths. Most were 12-14 3/4 inch range. 1 20 inch smallmouth and several keeper largemouths. Caught all on tube jig on rocky deep sloping banks. Going back next week. FYI, Irvin Cobb marina under new friendly ownership. They're busy cleaning up and trying to repair a lot that was neglected.