Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Boat Carpeting Around Lexington

Anyone know someone in the Lexington area who does quality boat carpeting? I appreciate your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to steal your post but I also have a Carpet question for anyone reading this post. Has anyone on here done their own recarpetting? If so how hard was it and how much does it cost to buy the supplies needed? Thanks, Drew. Sorry 12voltman but I didn't want to make a post of my own if you already had one on the same topic up. I wish I could help you but I live in Louisville not lex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    Hate to steal your post but I also have a Carpet question for anyone reading this post. Has anyone on here done their own recarpetting? If so how hard was it and how much does it cost to buy the supplies needed? Thanks, Drew. Sorry 12voltman but I didn't want to make a post of my own if you already had one on the same topic up. I wish I could help you but I live in Louisville not lex.
    Research the glue pretty good. I had somebody that used a latex outdoor carpet glue on a new floor on my boat. After the carpet got wet for a while the carpet was sliding around so bad it was dangerous. Couldn't get the glue off the plywood so the the consensus of my research on that was to replace the plywood ...again. What a pain.

This is good glue and is not latex. The EPA probably does it like it. I used it the last time I did the carpet.

Henry 263

http://www.wwhenry.com/content.aspx?...&cID=79&pID=84

Kind of hard to find. There is a flooring installation supply company off fern valley road that caries it. The factory can also tell you who caries it. I have heard that some people use a spray-on 3m product or other on compartment doors.

I don't think it is fun job so don't skimp on carpet or glue quality.

I would call a high end boat manufacturer and find out where they get their carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    The carpet in my boat needs replaced badly, as in it's worn completely through in several places. If I decide to do it myself (not sure yet), I will probably get my materials here:
    https://www.bassboatseats.com/collections/bass-boat-carpet/products/deckmate-20oz-bass-boat-carpet.

They also have a nice tutorial video on the page.
    Likes Drew1233 liked this post