Anyone fish or attend the Crappie USA Classic Tournament this past weekend? I just heard from a friend who heard from a bait shop guy that the semi pro winners didn't pass their lie detector test.

I went to the Crappie USA web site and tried to find the results but only the Amateur Division Results were posted online. Maybe the rumor is true?

I was hopping to go up and watch the weigh-in but I completely forgot about it and went shooting instead at the range. Oh Well I heard and read that the biggest fish was right around 2 lbs. My friend who lives up there for most of the summer said that they were brining in a lot of little crappie.

I stopped going up to Patoka Lake because of the fact that you have to catch 100 little fish just to get one big one.

Now in the past I would catch some nice fat 9" long crappie that when you get a mess made some nice fillets. They may be short but they are usually really fat and fully of meat this time of the years.

I'm not sure why there are so many small crappie all over the lake. Maybe the gizzard shad and some of the other fish are out competing the smaller crappie for the food that they need to grow bigger. There are a lot of those Small Strippers in Patoka and then there is the issue of the grass carp and the big head carp that have invaded most of the rivers in the Midwest these days.