Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland lodging

Making a trip to Cumberland in two weeks. Staying 11/13 and 11/14, looking for lodging near the water (preferably with a slip). Looking to stay at either end of the lake. Does anyone have recommendations that won't break the bank?

Post Thanks / Like
    Grider hill, Jamestown, Conley Bottom all will set you up with lodging in off season rates and offer a boat slip. It all hinges on what price point you want to stay in as none of the above mentioned will be cheap. Now if you want to trailer short distances each day you can save some money there both in lodging prices and no pay on the slip.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Jamestown has some pretty good rates on the suites (real nice) that overlook the marina this time of year. ... At least a lot better than the summer.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I think Jamestown has some pretty good rates on the suites (real nice) that overlook the marina this time of year. ... At least a lot better than the summer.
    Peter is correct and Jamestown runs a very nice place. My in-laws have docked there for years. It ain't cheap though but they do a great job there. Like Peter said if you call down there and do some sweet talking they have been known to cut a fella a pretty good deal. From the mouth of the creek's at Jamestown and State dock you can be anywhere in pretty short order unless you wanna go way up on the east end, naw stay on the west end...

Pumpkin, Greasy, Clifty, Lilly, Caney, Harmon are all very close. Beaver and Otter are a short run and the dam isn't far.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are a state employee or know someone that is you can get a lodge room booked at the state park for $54.99 starting November 1st. You get the view, pool, and the dinning room all of which are great if you have family or kids with you. If it is just a fishing trip then I like Jamestown better. Their winter rates start Nov 1st as well with Friday and Saturday night rates of $69.95 for the regular suite rooms.

Post Thanks / Like
    just one more thing to think about....and probably the most important thing for me anyway.....GOOD VIDDLES

if you stay at the state park you've got the dining hall at lure lodge, buffet on the weekends or you can order off the menu. its good food for good value...its not gourmet but it will fill you up.
    but on that side of the lake thats all youve got, you will have to drive 20 miles to russell springs or jamestown if you want anything else to eat.

if you stay at jamestown resort and marina there is nothing to eat on site this time of year. however you can drive 11 miles to russell springs and youve got mcdonalds, arbys, pizza hut, sonic, chinese, mexican and weve got a new bbq restaraunt called malachi's that is pretty good. in jamestown there is famous recipe chicken, giovannis and the minute mart makes godfathers pizza.

but youre going to drive no matter where you stay if you dont wish to eat at the state park dining hall.

another thing, unless something has changed you can get fuel 24hrs at the state dock using a credit/debit card. cant do that at jtown
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I sure do miss the Pinehurst Lodge. Lots of great memories there.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamestown lodge

I normally get the two room cabin a couple minutes from the ramp, I can park the boat in front of the cabin an charge my batteries. I don't have a lot of lockable storage on the boat and carry way to much gear up the walkway to the hotel.
    Winter rates are really good. Stove, refrigerator, microwave, TV to watch the games at night. Think rustic a little old but in decent shape. Its a fishing cabin
    Gas is way cheaper in town than at the marinas.I get bait in the morning in town not one of the lucky Ba#t$rds that get to keep there boats on the water and cast for their fresh baits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    just one more thing to think about....and probably the most important thing for me anyway.....GOOD VIDDLES

if you stay at the state park you've got the dining hall at lure lodge, buffet on the weekends or you can order off the menu. its good food for good value...its not gourmet but it will fill you up.
    but on that side of the lake thats all youve got, you will have to drive 20 miles to russell springs or jamestown if you want anything else to eat.

if you stay at jamestown resort and marina there is nothing to eat on site this time of year. however you can drive 11 miles to russell springs and youve got mcdonalds, arbys, pizza hut, sonic, chinese, mexican and weve got a new bbq restaraunt called malachi's that is pretty good. in jamestown there is famous recipe chicken, giovannis and the minute mart makes godfathers pizza.

but youre going to drive no matter where you stay if you dont wish to eat at the state park dining hall.

another thing, unless something has changed you can get fuel 24hrs at the state dock using a credit/debit card. cant do that at jtown
    I ate me some of that Lee's Chicken Saturday night and thought about calling you to come up there.....lol

Oh and you made some good points about the State versus Jamestown. I forgot about them rolling up the carpet once it gets cold...ha ha.....Man that breakfast is good during the summer though..
    Likes stripernut1, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Opps it was last Thursday night not Saturday night, man I can't keep track of time anymore.....I think I'm getting old

Post Thanks / Like
    Lake Pointe resort is a nice place n just above alligator marina which rents slips

Post Thanks / Like

Timber Point, near Jamestown Marina

This was always me fav place to stay before we built a home on LC. Timber Point has reasonaly priced lodge rooms, and hotel rooms available, which include 2 std beds, kitchen, etc. and are just a couple of miles from Jamestown Marina. A first class establishment with fishermen's prices. Also a place where you can take the wife and children without having to make an apology. So slip your boat at Jamestown Marina or launch and tow back and forth. Cook in the kitchen or just a short drive into Jamestown proper for some grub. See link to their website: http://www.timberpointe.com/rooms.html

PS, I have no relationship with Timber Pointe.