Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Article: Dale Hollow Dave's fall report

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reports Dave. Not for sure if you remember but I talked with you on the phone about 2 or 3 years ago about the fish kill on Dale. Out of all the opinions I heard I think your reasoning for it made more since. I still have not forgot what you said when you said you would expect within about 5 years of the kill you would expect someone to come out of Dale with a 10 LB SM. I been counting the years (boy do they go by fast) and it is already going on the 4th year. From your reports it sounds like the lake is on it way there. Best of fishing and thanks again for the reports.

Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the report. I'm new to fishing Dale Hollow Lake, new to kayak fishing, and two years ago was the start of most of my fishing hobby. I'll take any advice, tips, and knowledge about fishing I can get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    Thanks for the reports Dave. Not for sure if you remember but I talked with you on the phone about 2 or 3 years ago about the fish kill on Dale. Out of all the opinions I heard I think your reasoning for it made more since. I still have not forgot what you said when you said you would expect within about 5 years of the kill you would expect someone to come out of Dale with a 10 LB SM. I been counting the years (boy do they go by fast) and it is already going on the 4th year. From your reports it sounds like the lake is on it way there. Best of fishing and thanks again for the reports.

Billy
    Hey Billy, thanks for the comment, I believe I do remember our conversation. On that note I believe if they changed the slot to three fish under 17 and one over 22 we would have even better results. Remove more smaller fish from the fishery and protect the larger ones will produce more trophy class on the regular.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Taylor View Post
    Thank you for the report. I'm new to fishing Dale Hollow Lake, new to kayak fishing, and two years ago was the start of most of my fishing hobby. I'll take any advice, tips, and knowledge about fishing I can get.
    Feel free to contact me, I offer night time guided trips from your kayak in the spring summer and early fall. Http://trolldhl.com