Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Cumberland "Jumps"

I fished all day yesterday on an overcast day visiting Wolf, Lily, Beaver, and main lake without seeing any "Jumps". Has anybody seen anything recently? Did not locate any promising fish on the fish finder. Not sure if the stipers are located in the creeks or moving a lot from main lake to creeks. Water temperature around 66-66. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Took the family for a road trip to wolf creek dam so the girl could feed the trout at the hatchery and we stopped at Halacomb ramp and was overlooking the the ramp from the parking lot and the stripers were busting on the point on the left leading out to the main part of the lake. They were up for about 3 minutes then went down moved to the old ramp and came up again for about 3 more minutes.Not a boat in site.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been watching for awhile to see if anyone would post a report on Cumberland. It seems everyone fishing Cumberland are holding their results close to their vest, including myself. So I am going to break my silence. I don't fish the dam area very often, but last week I saw a number of jumps in the mouth of Indian Creek. However, I have had trouble graphing any striper lately. As for as bluegill, largemouthn and crappie they are getting more active. It seems the Ky's and smallmouth are harder to find. These are just observations, keeping in mind I do not fish at night. I hope this helps.
    Likes OutdoorLife liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bass fished Cumberland from daylight until about 4 pm on 10/31. I was mainly in Beaver/Otter/Pumpkin and a few main lake spots between the creeks mentioned. I saw several topwater feeds throughout the day but they were all small KY's busting shad. I saw 0 striper activity. Most areas had 66-67 degree water but if you went Way up a creek the temperature fell off to 64

Post Thanks / Like
    Worst year for Striper jumps I have ever seen so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments. I did not know if most of the "jumps" activities were over this year. In years past, I would see them throughout October but none this year. In addition, I would be fishing more in the creeks this time of the year but saw several guide boats bottom fishing the main lake flats. Maybe when the lake turnsover the striper activity will improve.

I did catch one 5.2 smallmouth pulling boards at the mouth of Beaver but this was the only fish all day. Did not see much activity on the fish finder. I thought the activity I saw at the surface was more KY's chasing shad. A few boats look like they might be crappie fishing in the creeks and a few bass boats fishing the main and creek points. Again, thanks for the comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Times have changed. Used to be you could set your watch at the mouth of "x creek" and it was on. Now its right place, right time, a whole lotta luck and a loan from the bank for boat gas to keep running and looking. Saturday was day 2 of a huge crappie tourney, also the Pittsburgh bass tourney. The traffic was unreal, youre not going to see much surface activity in those conditions.
    Likes Mean Morone, mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

jumps

Was out all day Saturday. Pretty much same story as everyone else. We did have one school out on the main lake come up several times but it didn't last long enough to get into them. They came up 3 or 4 times for about 30 seconds at a time and then back down. I was seeing some pretty decent bass activity in creeks and main lake points - caught a couple bass (one LM and one SM) on topwater into the afternoon. I think the fish are definitely into the chasing bait stages right now as all but 1 fish came on reaction bait and top. As usual, it took me until noon or so to commit to this pattern and then I started catching more fish. Also caught a couple on finesse worms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Worst year for Striper jumps I have ever seen so far.
    It's probably due to all the tournament pressure...

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dabassking;550562]It's probably due to all the tournament pressure... [/QUOT

OK we'll run with that, LOL
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Friday at about 1:00 as I was eating at the Lure Lodge outside the window on the Lake was a jump that lasted about 15 minutes. Saturday at 1:15 the same thing. Sunday from noon til 3:00 while I sat in a boat with the super Spook tied on, not a **** thing. Cursed weather change
    Likes stripernut1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey lets all go towards Beaver/Otter and the dam and sit in the 79 boat floatilla waiting for it to happen so we can all charge the jump at once only to see it instantly disappear.....LOL....

Yea that sounds like a wonderful idea.....ha ha..
    Likes stripernut1, GeoFisher liked this post