Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lake pressure

Post Thanks / Like

Lake pressure

Most of you that know me on here know I fish Cumberland a lot and while I fish other lakes I kind of call Cumberland home and always will. The last two years down there has been unreal pressure I have never seen this kind of pressure on that lake and I have fished there a very long time.

Now I am not crying and I am not saying I am a lake hog so please don't go there all I am saying is you can't even enjoy a weekday now its like the Bassmaster Classic every day anymore. Looking forward to when it gets too cold for most to have some piece and quiet, LOL....

I wonder what the sudden surge of hundreds of people and countless tournaments is??? I want my old Cumberland back where everybody goes home right after labor day...ha ha....
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My guess would be the "rebirth" of the lake. After so many years of low water levels, then the lake is back to normal levels, it's almost a "new" lake ... or a lot like it was in its first years. A little fishing success gets around the web media outlets, and boom ... everyone wants to be a part of it.

I predict the fishing will get better, before it gets worse ... subsequently, the traffic will get worse, before it gets better.

... pappy
    Likes mhall, CaptObvious, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    without getting into politics (at least i tried )....it would be hard to convince me there is a recession or the economy is bad......there is a carp-load of folks out there right now that either have a big stack of cash or a big stack of bills. the number of mega bucks bass rockets, super grade striper boats and lets dont even get started on the vast array of ski/pleasure boats that cost more than most middle class family homes, is unbelievable.

saturday morning i was trolling in a particular area of the lake that allowed me to see most of the tournament traffic. it was humorous to watch one tournament blast up the lake out of one area, only to pass the other tournament heading right to where the other tournament had just left from.

saturday morning mark and i were about 10 miles from each other and i called him and told him to find a cove to hide in "here they come" lol. at one point i told mark the boat count going in either direction was over 150 boats, and i wasnt even close to being done counting

its a big lake, with a big crowd.
    Likes mhall, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

boats

I certainly haven't call LC my home my entire life but I do consider it my home away from home. I agree the pressure seems to have gone through the roof. I'm sure the Bassmaster.com Top 100 rating this year didn't help. And I imagine when people see some of the bag limits being posted to the LC Bass Club Facebook page they want to come try it out. Unfortunately with how easy it is to share information, word travels fast. The good news is its a big lake but I have to say every single spot I try to go to seems to have 2 or 3 boats in it. The good news is, it's a pretty tough lake to figure out so my hope is many folks will give up after a few tries - probably wishful thinking!
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    without getting into politics (at least i tried )....it would be hard to convince me there is a recession or the economy is bad......there is a carp-load of folks out there right now that either have a big stack of cash or a big stack of bills. the number of mega bucks bass rockets, super grade striper boats and lets dont even get started on the vast array of ski/pleasure boats that cost more than most middle class family homes, is unbelievable.

saturday morning i was trolling in a particular area of the lake that allowed me to see most of the tournament traffic. it was humorous to watch one tournament blast up the lake out of one area, only to pass the other tournament heading right to where the other tournament had just left from.

saturday morning mark and i were about 10 miles from each other and i called him and told him to find a cove to hide in "here they come" lol. at one point i told mark the boat count going in either direction was over 150 boats, and i wasnt even close to being done counting

its a big lake, with a big crowd.
    Your rolling commentary Saturday morning was cracking me up....LMAO..

Post Thanks / Like
    Colder temps are coming.
    Likes FlyLie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the word is out I fish there, and they all just want to meet me.

I think low gas prices has something to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, if you link this to the Cumberland post, maybe the Stripers don't jump to avoid being hit by a bass boat?
    Likes jcb liked this post