Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    corydon
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ohio River madness today !!

    30 bass... mixture of big smallies largemouth and fat spots...spinnerbaits and brush hogs...WHAT A GREAT DAY THIS WAS !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	na.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	11996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naa.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	11997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naaa.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	11998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naaaa.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	11999  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naaaaa.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	12000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naaaaaa.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	12001  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    corydon
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    MORE PICS

    MORE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naaaaaaa.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	12002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naaaaaaaaa.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	12003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naaaaaaaaaa.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	12004  

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like an awesome day! Do mind sharing what area of the river you were fishing? I've tried bass fishing the river but never had any luck. Were you near a **** or fishing main river? Rock shores or humps in the middle? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    huntington ,west virginia
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    ohio river fishing

    i dont know where you were at on the ohio river , but up here at huntington , west virginia, on the ohio , that would be a day of a life time. congrats
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBoutBass View Post
    30 bass... mixture of big smallies largemouth and fat spots...spinnerbaits and brush hogs...WHAT A GREAT DAY THIS WAS !!
    I thought it would be a good one today. Current should have been optimal. At least above 12 mi island. Markland lower is dumping water and mcalpine upper is a little high looking for 12 feet. I love the river this time of year. Hard to beat. Good job. I just can't believe you guys quit so early!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanycasts View Post

    I thought it would be a good one today. Current should have been optimal. At least above 12 mi island. Markland lower is dumping water and mcalpine upper is a little high looking for 12 feet. I love the river this time of year. Hard to beat. Good job. I just can't believe you guys quit so early!
    Nevermind I thought you guys were out today. None the less good job. I'd rather be on the big O than working right now

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    corydon
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfever View Post
    Sounds like an awesome day! Do mind sharing what area of the river you were fishing? I've tried bass fishing the river but never had any luck. Were you near a **** or fishing main river? Rock shores or humps in the middle? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    yes, rocky banks...running into a eddy created by a mouth of a large creek...large pods of minnows grouping up in eddy just waiting to be eaten...
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice fish out of the river. What pool were you fishing?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Alexandria,KY
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Ohio river 11-14-15 report

    We did ok too! We caught 17 keepers, 14" or better. One 18" smallie, 3-3lb white bass. Best 5 would go 11-12lbs.
    Bassky

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be curious to know what pool as well. Bodes well for the water quality if the river has smallmouth in it somehwere.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Alexandria,KY
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    I'd be curious to know what pool as well. Bodes well for the water quality if the river has smallmouth in it somehwere.
    Meldahl pool
    Bassky

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    corydon
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    same spot last year...

    Quote Originally Posted by AllBoutBass View Post
    MORE
    a Smallie that went over 5 lbs... up on the wall....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adf.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	12022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asf2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	12023  

Similar Threads

  1. Ohio River today, striper
    By mvortex in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 07:50 AM
  2. Checked the Ohio river conditions today
    By Whistle Pig in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 12:47 PM
  3. Ohio River Today
    By jfw in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 11:36 AM
  4. March Madness Rough River
    By buggwiz in forum Kentucky Fishing Tournaments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
  5. Ohio River today
    By jfw in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •