Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim Farmer leaving KY Afield

Hate to hear this, allways enjoyed the show and his input. I know he stops in hear sometimes so if you do, best of luck Tim you will be missed. Chuck
    Likes Drew1233, PRO V LE, mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Big Shoes to fill.

I hate to hear that Tim is leaving the show. Who ever takes his place has big shoes to fill.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    TimT could take his place but alas, Tim has a face suitable only for radio!!
    Likes GeoFisher, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Best of Luck Tim, You've Been a Great Ambassador

Back in 1997 I had the privilege to interview with you for a producer position at Kentucky Afield. I didn't get the dream job, but I came away with a very good impression of your skill and appreciated the opportunity. You've been a terrific host for many years and thank you for your service to the Commonwealth's great outdoors.
    Likes riverrat12, mhall, ranger dave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use to watch that show all the time

Before I got cable internet and cable TV I use to watch just the local broadcast TV channels. One of them that I received was a Kentucky TV Station out of Owensboro, KY. I had one of those antenna that connected to the back of the older TV's and could watch Kentucky Outdoors. I looked forward to see that show on Saturdays or Sundays. If this is the same guy that's been on that show over the past 20 to 25 years then that is the guy that I used to watch on TV. If not then the other guys were good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck Gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Before I got cable internet and cable TV I use to watch just the local broadcast TV channels. One of them that I received was a Kentucky TV Station out of Owensboro, KY. I had one of those antenna that connected to the back of the older TV's and could watch Kentucky Outdoors. I looked forward to see that show on Saturdays or Sundays. If this is the same guy that's been on that show over the past 20 to 25 years then that is the guy that I used to watch on TV. If not then the other guys were good too.
    Dave Shuffett (Mudcat) from Green County was the host of Ky Afield before Tim. I understand Dave has retired from KET's Ky Life effective this month. Both Tim and Dave are true gentlemen and good examples for all to follow. I will miss them both as host of their respective KET shows and I wish them both the best.
    Likes riverrat12, mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just happened to land on a channel this week where Tim was the host of a music show. They had a real good Kentucky band on there I think. He had on a cowboy hat. It was a good show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I just happened to land on a channel this week where Tim was the host of a music show. They had a real good Kentucky band on there I think. He had on a cowboy hat. It was a good show.
    Yep, Tim has two shows besides his Ky Afield hosting duties ....

Tim Farmer's Homemade Jam ... music
    Tim Farmer's Country Kitchen ... cooking

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    In the past I've watched that same KET station out of Owensboro that Moveon mentioned. Great show, and Tim was always a great host to watch. I always appreciated his quiet humble approach. He will be missed.
    Likes GeoFisher, riverrat12, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    Dave Shuffett (Mudcat) from Green County was the host of Ky Afield before Tim. I understand Dave has retired from KET's Ky Life effective this month. Both Tim and Dave are true gentlemen and good examples for all to follow. I will miss them both as host of their respective KET shows and I wish them both the best.
    I've been employed with KET in the transmitter's division for over 10 years and one can still watch these shows for free (Over-The-Air) anywhere in the state with those same old antennas (an antenna is just a metallurgic and geometric device) attached to the newer TVs with DTV tuners (and older TVs as long as you have a DTV converter box).

Dave Shuffet retired in September of 2014. I'm sure we will be re-airing all the shows everyone knows and loves for years. You can also watch Tim's shows online anytime: http://video.ket.org/program/kentucky-afield/ ...

Cheers
    Likes riverrat12, Moveon, waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ironically i was just watching Tim on KY afield and it made me log in and check in here...he will be missed
    Likes GeoFisher, kyriverblues, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well hell, I just talked to Tim Farmer today at the B & N store in Bagdad about a cast iron kettle he had in the back of his truck. I wish I had know he was leaving I would have thanked him for his years on the show. Good luck Tim to your future plans. I'll be watching you cook with that cast iron.