Search Fishin.com

Thread: What????

Post Thanks / Like

What????

No UofL uk posts. I am shocked.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a 30 year fan of UK football and someone who has attended every home game for at least the last 7 years (5 of those have been the Joker/Mark Stoops years), I think I'm done with UK football until they demonstrate some success. I have spent too much time, money and emotional investment on something that just lets me down continually.

Regarding the game, the better team won. Louisville is not great, but they have a coach that can make adjustments and they play much more disciplined, organized football than UK does. Nobody on the UK team seems to have a clue what they are doing...from top to bottom.

I"m done for now.
    Likes kentuckykingfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The old wet field trick didn't work for UK or Auburn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Louisville has a legit shot at being a solid football team next year. They lose almost nothing and gain a ton. Lamar Jackson is starting to really get it and is reading defenses pretty well. Yes he is still a true freshman and shows it but I feel he is actually further along then Teddy was at this point in his career. You can't teach quick God gives you that and oh my goodness is he ever quick. He made the UK defenders look silly a few times. He needs to take some air out from underneath his long passes but his short passes are really pretty accurate.

Defense is awful but they are very young and will grow up and they have a great recruiting class coming in. Todd Grantham I'm still out to court about? Yea I know he is getting paid a ton and came from Georgia and he seems to adjust well but has terrible pre-game plans for upcoming opponents. Kentucky was running through them like Mexican tap water in the first half.

Patrick ''The Hair'' Towells is gone, hmmm not sure he is making a good decision the boy is a legend in his own mind, unfortunately he is the only one that thinks that way.

It was an exciting game and I loved the outcome...............Go Cards.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    "Mexican tap water" lol
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't expect a win for UK....which, quite honestly....may be the problem overall. I'm not sure the coaches, players, or fans expect to win.

I think it was obvious that UK didn't even prepare for the idea of Jackson coming into the game. Not that we've had an answer for a good mobile QB in the past, but to not even prep for it was horrible. The defenders were more worried about being where they needed to be for pass coverage....they even said it. When Louisville was passing early, we had their number...did a good job on coverage and had a couple of picks to get off to a romping good start, just like last year's game. If you didn't see Jackson coming, you're a bonehead, plain and simple. The kid is talented. How do you not prep for the possibility that he may come in to the game?

By all indications, Towles is a good kid....and I wanted him put in the game earlier than he was finally put in. I didn't think he could do any worse than Barker, but lo and behold, he managed to do the one thing we hadn't effed-up...throw a pick.

I don't know anymore about Kentucky football. With back to back identical seasons...and you could argue offensive regression...It's just plain hard to be a fan.
    Likes mhall, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Stoops and think he is a good recruiter however I don't think he is a very good head coach. I like you Brian was shocked when I heard that they had not even thought of Jackson entering the game...............really... If you are stinking up the kitchen that is one thing Bobby takes no issue with he will flat bench your bottom and I mean New York minute quick to. I told my buddy when Bolin threw that bone head interception down in the red zone that he was done for the day.

Jackson will be crazy good if he stays healthy. He likes hitting people and that doesn't bode well with his frame, he needs to stop that. Kentucky needs to get a really good QB and an OC that isn't afraid to take chances. That air raid business needs to exit stage left. When I see the talent scattered about through the NFL that came from UK it makes me scratch my head why they have not had more success.
    Likes riverrat12, kentuckykingfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You know after watching the melt down in the second half by uk it made me realize how awful the coaching staff really is. Honestly made me lose faith in the program. This is the weakest sec schedule they could have gotten and still failed to go bowling. Next seasons schedule will be alot tougher and i see more loses piling up. I dont expect much from the team but id like to atleast see a music city bowl or something. Stoops and company said the fan support died off towards the end of the season. Do you blame us tailgaters and season ticket holders to watch them get beat time and time again. I guess the real question to ask here is why the hell i had season tickets to begin with. Im not even going to comment on our offensive coordinator. His play calling speaks for itself.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the potential on this Louisville team is scary good. Many games this year they started seven freshmen on offense. On senior day against Virginia I told my wife that out of that group of seniors, only 4 were starters. If the young offensive line gets stronger and improves, look out. Geron Christian is a true freshman starting at left tackle and was the best lineman on the team.

I will disagree a little on the defense. I think they played pretty well with the exception of two quarters this season. The biggest problem for them was the offense going three and out and the offense turning the ball over so much. UK only had one good offensive drive. The rest of their points were off turnovers.

With all of the youth and inexperience, an offense that gave up the most sacks in all of college football and losing the turnover battle nearly every game, to finish 7-5 is actually a plus.