Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

cumberland bass?

anyone been lately ant been to cland in about 13 years or so gonna go down one day this week. How the fishing. Ill put in up by the dam. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Slow

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Slow
    You got that right!! We just fished the whole week of Thanksgiving and it pretty much &^%$ed the whole time. On my best day, I caught 8. 6 smallies, 1 largemouth & 1 spot. Nothing over 2 1/2 pounds. All of those and most of mine for the whole trip were caught on cranks, primarily flat sided cranks. Put in at Faubush and fished from Fishing Creek to Difficulty Creek. Did manage one striper about 29" on a popper in the jumps. Surface temps ranged from 59 to 63 and we figured that's why the bite's not on just yet. We'll be going back down the week after Christmas and hoping for temps around 50 so we can catch them on float and fly and/or jerkbaits.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Report 12/02

Caught 21 bass today. Water clear (some color in backs of major creeks) and 60 about everywhere we went. Had one keeper smallie, one keeper largemouth, and 5 nice KYs. Seen another report on BBC of a guy with 3 keeper smallies yesterday. We had 4-5 largemouth over 14 but not 15 and 2 other smallies over 17. Fun day. All on jig (Put in at Jamestown). Seen a lot of boats today to. 23 pounds won Saturday and a lot of fish caught so....they are biting. think its a matter of which day you are there.
    Tim
    Likes floatman, slamson71 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    USA Bassin tourney out of Halcomb on December 5th last Saturday the winning weight was only 7.71 lbs and second was a little over 5 lbs. Ouch That bite must have flat died.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a friend that went sunday and he said they caught 18-20 fish. I dont know details

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I had a friend that went sunday and he said they caught 18-20 fish. I dont know details
    I went on USA Bassin's website and judging by results they stunk it up bad down there on Saturday. Was your buddies using live bait? I was surprised by the top three weights that their website showed.

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland

I went on USA Bassin's website and judging by results they stunk it up bad down there on Saturday. Was your buddies using live bait? I was surprised by the top three weights that their website showed.
    They only show the results from the USA Bassin members. This was an open (non-members allowed to fish) so not sure, it could have been the winning weight but may not have been. We fished that same day and caught over 30 fish, 2 keeper sm, 2 lm keepers, and 7 nice kys. Several lm 14-14.5 and smallies 15-17. Jigs mostly. Boyle county high school tourney out of Jamestown took 8+ pounds. Going back tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    They only show the results from the USA Bassin members. This was an open (non-members allowed to fish) so not sure, it could have been the winning weight but may not have been. We fished that same day and caught over 30 fish, 2 keeper sm, 2 lm keepers, and 7 nice kys. Several lm 14-14.5 and smallies 15-17. Jigs mostly. Boyle county high school tourney out of Jamestown took 8+ pounds. Going back tomorrow.
    it only took 14lbs to win
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Let us know how you do, thinking about playing hooky Friday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Let us know how you do, thinking about playing hooky Friday.
    Ha Ha I was to.....

Post Thanks / Like
    They didnt have any live bait. Think they caught most on shakey heads. Said they would have had well over ghe 7-8lbs it took to win that tourny