Search Fishin.com

Thread: Back home early

Post Thanks / Like

Back home early

The doc gave me the choice of staying another day or going home. Duh, I decided to come on home. I'm in a good deal of pain being as I'm sliced up on the left and the right groins.

Tried to get pain med filled on the way home but my pharmacy was out of stock. Good thing I've still got most of the last fill here at the house.

I'm not going to be a "hero" this time around. When I'm in pain I'll be taking the med!!
    Likes AaronS, mhall, Moveon, sweetwater, zx150 and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    The doc gave me the choice of staying another day or going home. Duh, I decided to come on home. I'm in a good deal of pain being as I'm sliced up on the left and the right groins.

Tried to get pain med filled on the way home but my pharmacy was out of stock. Good thing I've still got most of the last fill here at the house.

I'm not going to be a "hero" this time around. When I'm in pain I'll be taking the med!!

Nothing like being home, just take good care of yourself and don't over do it. Praying for a full and speedy recovery
    Likes mhall, Moveon, Tyme2fish, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are a hero by admitting that you should take the pain meds. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Likes Tyme2fish, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been home less than 24 hours and already feeling antsy. The physical therapists don't just want me to sit or lay in bed. So I've taken the 27 steps to the back door, grabbed one piece of firewood in each hand, climbed the 2 steps back into the house and returned the 27 steps to the wood rack. I'm not supposed to lift anything over 15 lbs for 10 days.

Made 5 trips so far.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain right now Tyme. I was in a really serious car accident last Sunday and just got released from the hospital on Tuesday. Broken collarbone, pelvis, and hip! I also had a minor brain bleed that has gone away and also have bruised my lungs. It's no fun just sitting around in pain! But be glad you can at least walk! The worst part about all this is not the pain or the recovery but the fact I was supposed to go fishing yesterday and my buddies had to go without me! Anyways I hope you have a quick and not so painful recovery! -Drew

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang it, Drew. Sorry to that learn you're broken up like that. At least mine was somewhat planned.
    Get well soon there buddy.
    Likes Drew1233, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    I feel your pain right now Tyme. I was in a really serious car accident last Sunday and just got released from the hospital on Tuesday. Broken collarbone, pelvis, and hip! I also had a minor brain bleed that has gone away and also have bruised my lungs. It's no fun just sitting around in pain! But be glad you can at least walk! The worst part about all this is not the pain or the recovery but the fact I was supposed to go fishing yesterday and my buddies had to go without me! Anyways I hope you have a quick and not so painful recovery! -Drew
    Get well soon Drew and you too Rob................best wishes sent fellas
    Likes Drew1233, Tyme2fish, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Eight days post surgery:
    I wore too tight jeans yesterday and that was a mistake. I thought I was putting on my "fat" jeans but they were just my "husky" jeans. Lesson learned.
    Woke up this morning feeling pretty darn good. I was even able to sleep on my stomach last night!
    No pain pills yet today and I'm beginning to feel somewhat normal. I can stand,sit, and walk with very minimal discomfort.
    I guess I'm starting to heal. I'll have the staples removed next Wednesday. It still feels weird when I touch the "zippers" on each leg.
    Likes Drew1233, mhall, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have spoken too soon. I typed my post before we went to the grocery store. After all that activity and me standing at the sink cutting up the chicken wings I'm a little sore now and might take a pain med. The incision sites are mighty sore and tender now.
    Likes roadrunner, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have spoken too soon. I typed my post before we went to the grocery store. After all that activity and me standing at the sink cutting up the chicken wings I'm a little sore now and might take a pain med. The incision sites are mighty sore and tender now.
    No pain no gain hope you continue to improve-----speedy recovery
    Likes Tyme2fish, riverrat12 liked this post