Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    It will change regulations such as creel limits and size limits therefore making it a better fishery. Listen I am a Bass guy have been my whole life but was introduced to ''TROPHY'' catfishing by a wonderful friend that was patient enough to take me out and show me how its done. He's darn good at it, really good. Catching any size fish is fun but catching Catfish on Ocean rods that weigh what 7 and 8 year old kids weigh is REALLY fun. It's like big game hunting and until you experience it you can't grasp just how fun it is. Its not for sissy boys like Obama though it would pull his candy as s over board, lol.

I wish everybody on this site would sign this petition, come on guys....
    Everything Mark said, and I'll go ahead and crawl under the bridge for smashdn. To stop commercial harvest completely from our river. And Mark I think I know that guy LOL It's been a pleasure and have enjoyed every trip we've had. Can't wait for the next.Chuck
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I was leery to sign it as it wanted my e-mail address. I signed it anyway as I believe in the effort.

Just signed back on my computer and I've already received spam form Change.org

Sign if you want to just give spammers your e-mail addy.
    Tyme , I haven't had that problem....yet lol Do you have one of them spam stoppers blockers what ever they are. And glad your feeling better my man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I was leery to sign it as it wanted my e-mail address. I signed it anyway as I believe in the effort.

Just signed back on my computer and I've already received spam form Change.org

Sign if you want to just give spammers your e-mail addy.
    If you have issues with constant spam from change.org you may be able to contact them and request to be taken off the email list. I have 2 emails for that very reason. 1 is my personal and the other is for when i sign up for something on the web or have to give an email adress for something or someone i dont want
    With my personal account.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Everything Mark said, and I'll go ahead and crawl under the bridge for smashdn. To stop commercial harvest completely from our river. And Mark I think I know that guy LOL It's been a pleasure and have enjoyed every trip we've had. Can't wait for the next.Chuck
    Having an opposing viewpoint does not make me a troll. I just see the other side of the coin.

I've told you all before I think you have some misplaced blame. Additionally, there is probably only one or two groups of people out there that can impact the asian carp deal and you all keep blaming one of those groups.

I'll be on board when you can show some data. I like catching big catfish too. But you have a long-time fishery that is fairly closely regulated and monitored by KDFWR that is continuing to exist. I firmly believe that if the bios felt that it was detrimental that they would enact more stringent regulations. As it stands now there are fewer and fewer commercial guys on the river than there ever have been and fewer places to sell fish.

Commercial harvest has existed on the river for a long, long time and in more earnest than today. If the fishery is in peril ask yourself what are the other variables because commercial fishing has less of an impact now than in the past. Your reasoning just doesn't make sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Having an opposing viewpoint does not make me a troll. I just see the other side of the coin.

I've told you all before I think you have some misplaced blame. Additionally, there is probably only one or two groups of people out there that can impact the asian carp deal and you all keep blaming one of those groups.

I'll be on board when you can show some data. I like catching big catfish too. But you have a long-time fishery that is fairly closely regulated and monitored by KDFWR that is continuing to exist. I firmly believe that if the bios felt that it was detrimental that they would enact more stringent regulations. As it stands now there are fewer and fewer commercial guys on the river than there ever have been and fewer places to sell fish.

Commercial harvest has existed on the river for a long, long time and in more earnest than today. If the fishery is in peril ask yourself what are the other variables because commercial fishing has less of an impact now than in the past. Your reasoning just doesn't make sense.
    You seem to always show up anytime catfish regulations are brought up on the Ohio. Don't no why don't care. There evidently has been overharvest due to the fact we have passed new regulations in Ky and Ind. So there is your proof. Not to mention simple Google searches of much lower tournament weigh ins and the numerous youtube videos showing the amount of hoop nets in northern Ky. I don't need anyone to tell me how commercial fishing has effected areas of the river due to the fact that after fishing it for over 40 years I have seen it first hand.And as mentioned before all you have to do is look at the effects of commercial fishing on the Missouri river and see our future. Again a simple Google search.Let me put it this way, 25 years ago I used to get 3 to 4 bites on certain drifts after a few years it went to maybe one bite per drift, then one bite per couple drifts, now I'm lucky to get 3 to 4 bites all day. Granted I fish for big fish but....I can see the writing on the wall and know when things are not the same.You mention fewer places to sell fish...Let me introduce you to a place called Paylakes. Nuff said. These regulations should have been passed long ago but as Mark Twain once said" If the world comes to and end I want to be in Kentucky...because everything happens 20 years later there. Good day. Chuck
    Likes mhall, AaronS, PRO V LE, SKIPJACK, CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Boom
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me introduce you to a place called Paylakes. Nuff said. These regulations should have been passed long ago but as Mark Twain once said" If the world comes to and end I want to be in Kentucky...because everything happens 20 years later there. Good day. Chuck

And like I said in the last thread we had about this that the paylakes were the issue. Commercial guys are doing what commercial guys do, catch fish. Used to eating size fish were what was desirable.

Now the large fish (alive) pay much, much more. You and I both know why that is.

I am also glad you put in your post about you being in northern ky. Perhaps that is the chief reason you and I see things differently. I am looking at it from about the green river downstream. There are not a lot of pay lakes over this way. There are plenty of places to catch fish from public waters. I think the pay lake issue is an Ohio (state) and central and eastern ky thing.

So I ask, is the way to fix the problem to limit the guys supplying the demand or eliminate the reason for the demand in the first place? You are kind of using the left's logic on gun control. Can't get rid of guns? Get rid of bullets I suppose.

As to why I seem to only post on the catfish threads, I don't post much here anyway, but used to there was a pretty regular update on Barren that I would read. For what I fish for, crappie and catfish, I get better reports and information on crappie.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    The selling of big fish, or any fish from public waters to pay lakes should be banned today. They should have to grow their fish like everybody else.
    Likes mhall, smashdn, riverrat12, Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Tyme , I haven't had that problem....yet lol Do you have one of them spam stoppers blockers what ever they are. And glad your feeling better my man.
    I used one of my "fake" e-mail addys. Only spam filter I have is what AOL provides. Yeah, I know, I still use AOL as my primary e-mail account. Old and set in my ways!!
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post