Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wader recommendations

Would love to hear you guys opinions on some good waders? Price point between $100 to $250. Only place I've waded (no waders LOL) in the last couple years is the Falls, so something that will last 5+ years there. I'll be going about once a week during winter and twice during the warmer months. Will be buying them at Cabela's for a Christmas present to myself on the Cabela's Credit Card ... I'm 6'2" 190 lbs. with a size 13 foot. Yes, I wear a big sock Thanks ladies and gents ....

Post Thanks / Like

waders

Ay of the neopreme wades are good but the 1600 gram thinsulate will kp you warmr. That is what I wear in the Cumberland River and duck hunt in. I get 4 or 5 years out of them but they are a little above your price at 289 plus tax. good luck and good fishing. Keep us posted on how you do. Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Simms waders and boots. Best money can buy. I've travelled the world with mine and they are now 12 years old. The neoprene footie is still like the day I bought them. Good investment. I have bought 2 pairs of new boots in the time that I've owned the waders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Neoprene will keep you warmer while standing in deeper water. It is inherently insulative.

Breathables will be more comfortable and more versatile but are colder when in deeper water. If you want to wear breathables in winter or cold water layer well underneath. Even so the water pressure will push in and take away some of the dead air space that is keeping you warm.

I have never used a stocking foot with a wading boot but they seem to get good reviews and provide good support and comfort. They do seem to not be as warm however.