Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Spent the last 22 days at Dale Hollow

I tell you WHAT.....that was a blast.

The Work Part:
    ============

I work from home, so I was able to setup a "work area" in the cabin and get an 8 hour shift in AND fish 4-5 hours every day. Basically, on the days I fished and worked, I was up by 4:00am, and on the water by no later than 6:00am, and usually I was on the water at 5:00am or so. I fished until 9:00am on those days, and then headed back to the cabin to be AT WORK and functional by 9:30am CST. I worked my regular shift from 9:30 - 5:30 or so.

A few days, when weather was setting up perfectly, I left work at 3:30 or so, fished for a few hours, and then made up the hours that evening. There was PLENTY of work to keep me busy, and I made sure I had organized my schedule effectively enough to allow me to do that, and to also be successful and effective while working.......

The work part worked out better than I could have ever imagined.......

The fishing Part:
    ==============

* Out of 22 days, I fished at least 3 hours each day except for 2. Over every weekend, I fished Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sunday, except for last weekend, I fished Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun. I did that because Embrey was down, and I wanted to fish with him.

* Over the 20 days, I averaged 8 fish a day, with 22, 15, 18, 12, 12, 11 as my "big" days. Some days I caught 1 or 2, others I didn't catch a fish....but hey that is fishing.

* Only 1 over was caught during that time, but we had 4-5 that were extremely close.....meaning within 1/4 inch or so of being an over.

* Lots of Jig fish, lots of Float and Fly Fish, and lots of Tail spinner fish......Most came off a Jig, with the second most on the Fly. All the bigger fish were on the Jig or the Fly.

* I caught most of my Spots and Largemouth on the Tail Spinner.

* I fished all over the lake, and I mean ALL over........ Mostly mid lake areas, but I also fished down the Obey and Down Ilwill creek, all the way to Wisdom Dock, and even past Wisdom in the river.

* Water temps are abnormally high, and every morning about 20 minutes before first light, I guarantee you could pound some serious largemouth in the backs of creeks and over very shallow grass . The largemouth were blasting the shad for about 30-40 minutes, then they were done. I talked to a guy who was buzz baiting last week and caught 15-20 a day for the entire week doing that.

* Creeks are definitely beginning to turn, and some may already be done......Turnover didn't really bother me too much.

* The Warm weather has sucked. I think the bait is confused . NO fish on the fly were really caught on bluffs, or on those traditional December spots. I did catch a lot on the fly, but most every one were caught on points and lead ins to areas they were "headed" for normal winter spots......

There are a MILLION pictures on my facebook page............Here is the album: https://www.facebook.com/GeoFisher/m...8902443&type=3

I "might" do this every year if I can swing it. It was GREAT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jealous. That's all I have to say...
    Likes GeoFisher, roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You **** George..............lol.

Unreal man.............................. dude you are living the dream and I still want to be you when I grow up...
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You forgot to also mention that you found time to help me out this past weekend when my boat wouldn't start by a). rigging up the kill switch as a temporary fix and b). giving me a ride back to the ramp when the fix stopped working. I appreciated your help.

It was good seeing you again even if it was a shorter stay than I intended since we couldn't get a replacement ignition switch on the spot.

Regarding fishing, the little bit my group got to actually fish (a few hours), we caught 3 and lost a 4th. Biggest was 18.75". All were on the fly, but that's what we fished most. Water temp was about 55 or 56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    You forgot to also mention that you found time to help me out this past weekend when my boat wouldn't start by a). rigging up the kill switch as a temporary fix and b). giving me a ride back to the ramp when the fix stopped working. I appreciated your help.

It was good seeing you again even if it was a shorter stay than I intended since we couldn't get a replacement ignition switch on the spot.

Regarding fishing, the little bit my group got to actually fish (a few hours), we caught 3 and lost a 4th. Biggest was 18.75". All were on the fly, but that's what we fished most. Water temp was about 55 or 56.
    Anytime my friend......ANY TIME.

I hope you get back on the water soon. Oh and get a new ignition

Later,

Geo
    Likes know1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

some video

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post

Sorry you had trouble..............good job George helping out man...
    Likes know1, GeoFisher, roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Paterns

Being there with time to put a plan together is critical. Tuff days become fun when u have some plans to fall back on great report
    Likes mhall, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the company you work for hiring I would love to do that would make working a lot nicer. Just being able to look out the window and see the lake
    Likes GeoFisher, mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report George. Thanks for posting the video too. Looking forward to my New Year trip. I'll be staying at John's cabin 1-5th January. Hoping the water temps drop a little and that the bobber bite takes off. The shot of the sunrise as you're pulling out of Holly Creek is what I'm talking about!

Vaun
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, Great Report.

Would love to do that sometime...I can't even get a day off in December.