Search Fishin.com

Thread: 2015 recap

Post Thanks / Like

2015 recap

Lets hear it! What was your most memorable fishing moment of 2015. Mine was taking out my lady on a crappie fishing trip. She out fished me by a mile that day. It got to the point where i was her net boy just taking them off the hook. If only you could of seen that big ol grin on her face. She still likes to brag about it. It was a great day that i wont ever forget.
    Likes Tyme2fish, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd have to say that every trip I took was memorable ... seeing as how I never got skunked on any of them !! LOL !!!

Just hoping to get to make many more trips in 2016 !!

... pappy
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My first trip to Guntersville and staying in an awesome cabin on Buck Island. Did catch as big of fish as I hoped, but it was cool being on the mecca of bass fishing. I also had a couple of great trips to Barkley with my good friend, Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fortunate enough to ring in the new year on New Year's Day with a six pound largemouth on a bubblegum spinnerbait all the way in the back of a creek at Cumberland.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately my biggest memory of fishing in 2015 was a bad one. In the month of April I had pre-planned enough vacation so I only had to work 7 days the entire month. Of the 23 days I was off it rained about 10-12 of them. 5-6 of those days were heavy rains that pretty much shut down my home lake. Our two biggest snow events were early and late March so the lake was way below normal temperatures by the time April got here. When the rain came in April it rose enough to put it way in the bushes. I know water in the bushes in April sounds good but not when its upper 40's to low 50's, Very muddy and Way up into the tree line. It seems like it was May before my local lake got stable enough to be considered normal for the time of year.

My best memory of 2015 also came in April because there was some light in the tunnel. Since my local lake was trash I fished a lake that I normally do not fish in the spring. I hit the smallmouth at the right time. They were going nuts and I did have a couple of excellent trips.

As of now I only plan on working 9 days in April this year. I may add a couple more days to it before it gets here. Hopefully this year mother nature does not hand me a beating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did primarily wade fishing this year and caught some really nice brown fish. Highlights were (a) figuring out a little bit how to catch them in colder water and (b) introducing some really great guys to the joys of creek fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I weighed at least A fish in about 95% of my tournaments this year. But I would have to say there isn't any individual memory that sticks out because there are so many I made. Guntersville was pretty cool and I did catch a 5 pounder there. I'd have to say most of my memories were made with friends on the road and before tournaments. Never a dull moment with the guys I tournament fish with!

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Memories

Bonus sightings while fishing the Ohio: Eagles and Bobcat. Two trips on the Ohio with doubles on a Bandit - Smallies and Kentuckies. Also, success with lures from the 50's and 60's on the Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crappie fishing with my oldest son and his new wife this past spring on GRL. We jug fished for cats in July and August, too.

Nothing better than a boat full of family members catching fish and the bragging rights going on around a campfire afterwards.

My wife and I have been blessed this year.

TG
    Likes kentuckykingfisher, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up net man

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    Lets hear it! What was your most memorable fishing moment of 2015. Mine was taking out my lady on a crappie fishing trip. She out fished me by a mile that day. It got to the point where i was her net boy just taking them off the hook. If only you could of seen that big ol grin on her face. She still likes to brag about it. It was a great day that i wont ever forget.
    awesome! it's hard to find a good *net man

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tgordon6233 View Post
    Crappie fishing with my oldest son and his new wife this past spring on GRL. We jug fished for cats in July and August, too.

Nothing better than a boat full of family members catching fish and the bragging rights going on around a campfire afterwards.

My wife and I have been blessed this year.

TG
    Lost my grandson as my #1 fishing partner last year as he discovered girls, but I know he will eventually return. Miss his trash talking as he "out fishes" me having made several first casts as I put him in position on the best areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fishing with a rod that belonged to my dad. This rod is probably over 35 years old. I caught several nice small-mouth with it while fishing in Wisconsin with Onemorecast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June smallie 2.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	12267
    Likes kentuckykingfisher, riverrat12 liked this post