Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

My KY fishing brothers...here's to a successful 2016!

Hello my old KY fishing friends! 2015 was a great year here in the land of the sun, Southern UT! Started the year off by selling my old reliable, and buying a much newer/bigger ProCraft 21' bass boat with a 200hp Mariner. Love it! I live just 1 mile from Sand Hollow Reservoir, which is by FAR the best warm water fishery in the state of UT. Had many 30+ lm bass trips this year, including numerous fishin the 5+lb class. My go to bait was a 6" paddle tail swimbait in bluegill pattern, and a 3/8oz jig in pumpkin. The crappie were KILLER this year as well, and during the spring spawn we hammered them in the 15-17" class. We were also picking up some bluegills in the pound class. Made several trips up to Lake Powel to catch stripers, sm, lm, crappie, and anything else that would bite! Lake Powel is only an hour and half from my house, so that's a nice option.

As for fly fishing and trout...hit ice off at a local lake called Otter Creek and broke my personal best on a rainbow (not the one in the picture attached) at 27.5" and 9.6lbs! We killed the trout up there, averaging around 20+. We then focused on another trout water close to home called Kolob, were we had a blast catching fat rainbows and cutthroat. I ended the trout season by heading up to Northern UT to a reservoir called Strawberry (where I grew up fly fishing) and broke my personal best on a cutthroat trout that came in at 27" and 9.2 lbs. It was a great year! Made a couple guest appearances on local fishing shows on my home lake of Sand Hollow, which was a blast! Have pictures of my record breaking fish posted at both Strawberry and Otter Creek lakes.

Anyways, It was a great year and I just wanted to wish you all a great 2016 with many tight lines! Take care!

-Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	richbass.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	12275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-10 14.20.53.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	12276  

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your new PB Rich, I was lucky enough to get my new PB for blues last year....Great year. You need to check back in more. Love the fishin reports from the great white north. Stay warm my friend. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Always great to hear from RICHYD4U!