Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are great. Question on the falls if I could?

I lived in Louisville for 7 years but never fished it. Curious on a decent place to put in and fish the falls of the Ohio. Second I have a motor guide 46lb thrust on a 17ft for bass tracker. Do you think that's sufficient and Last what would be an acceptable water level to fish it. I've always wanted to try over there. Thanks for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should do a search on the fossil beds...lots of good info on here. I would walk around the area and get to know the water levels and structure before taking a boat out. VERY DANGEROUS area. I would be glad to show you around when the water settles down. Chuck
    Likes Bent Loomis, Tyme2fish, raporter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    You should do a search on the fossil beds...lots of good info on here. I would walk around the area and get to know the water levels and structure before taking a boat out. VERY DANGEROUS area. I would be glad to show you around when the water settles down. Chuck
    Yes yes yes chuck definitely will get ahold of you.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Please listen to Chuck when he says don't take your boat out there until you know the area. Lots of hidden dangers that a riverrat could tell you about.

I've been fishing that area for years and I still get a pucker factor on occasion.
    Likes riverrat12, Jigjunky81, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Most definitely

I have work on the river for over 14 years and one thing I know is if you don't know don't go. I definitely will heade the warning and make sure I have experience with me before I hit the water. Thanks again.
    Likes Tyme2fish, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The River

It's all about knowing what to do and where to fish with the amount of dam they are running. Its constantly changing. One of the tools I use to plan a trip over there is the recording at 775-5056. Another one is the online graph. Both have current river levels and predictions. The recording will tell you dam levels.Both Chuck and Tyme are great guys to take advice from, they are spot on.Its a high risk, high reward type of place. I'll be there tomorrow fishing for sauger and will post a report.
    Likes riverrat12, Jigjunky81 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add to the post by Bent Loomis, the area code is 502-775-5056

I won't even plan a trip without calling that number. Chuck is a lot more adventurous then I and he fished some high water. Not me.

All this talk makes me want to get on the river but my boat is in the Boat Barn trapped by lawnmowers, lumber, and other assorted items that have no business being in a Boat Barn. Besides that, it's still too cold for this soul to get on the river. Soon, very soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Just to add to the post by Bent Loomis, the area code is 502-775-5056

I won't even plan a trip without calling that number. Chuck is a lot more adventurous then I and he fished some high water. Not me.

All this talk makes me want to get on the river but my boat is in the Boat Barn trapped by lawnmowers, lumber, and other assorted items that have no business being in a Boat Barn. Besides that, it's still too cold for this soul to get on the river. Soon, very soon.
    You know I do love me some high water Tyme LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Loomis View Post
    It's all about knowing what to do and where to fish with the amount of dam they are running. Its constantly changing. One of the tools I use to plan a trip over there is the recording at 775-5056. Another one is the online graph. Both have current river levels and predictions. The recording will tell you dam levels.Both Chuck and Tyme are great guys to take advice from, they are spot on.Its a high risk, high reward type of place. I'll be there tomorrow fishing for sauger and will post a report.
    Triple 7's going on , 7 at the upper,7at the lower,7 units at the hydro. Whats the verdict Don. How'd ya do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Triple 7's going on , 7 at the upper,7at the lower,7 units at the hydro. Whats the verdict Don. How'd ya do.

And the lower is going up to 27ft this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Sauger report

Well it wasn't a great numbers day, but the quality was exceptional. We ended up with 7 total. All but one were saugeye and they were jumbos. Every fish was over 3lbs ! These fish were gathered up in one spot and one specific depth so it was a little tricky to stay right on them with the wind and current yesterday. I do not anchor when sauger fishing so it was a lot of work running the trolling motor, but it was worth it. Water had great color.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to post the pics

Good luck and stay safe
    Likes Tyme2fish liked this post