Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heading to Rough River to fish the tournament on Sunday. It listed on tournament page

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    So whos headed out to fish this weekend whiles its going to be 60 degrees? I think im going to make a trip to the green river tailwaters and cast for some walleye. Then maybe a crappie trip to taylorsville.

Was there Weds and the water was up a little from normal but nothing was biting. Tried for eyes and crappie along with some other folks and nothing. Looks like the water is going to be up pretty good not they were running around 1200 weds but now are running over 4000. just a FYI

Post Thanks / Like
    The outflow for Friday is listed as 4013 cfs and the anticipated outflow for Saturday is 3403 cfs. Even if it decreased to 3400 that still a lot of current coming out of the spillway. Here is the link I like to use for water level information. It has inflow, outflow, current and anticipated gate settings. Plus it has all of the Green River water shed ie: Green, Barren, Nolin and Rough

http://lrl-apps.lrl.usace.army.mil/w...rts/grbdlb.txt

FYI...the KDFW removed 100 nice size walleye from the green river tail waters. They loaded them on a truck and took them to a hatchery to use for breeding purposes. Here is a link to the story...

http://www.columbiamagazine.com/phot...photo_id=64297

http://www.columbiamagazine.com/phot...photo_id=64296

http://www.columbiamagazine.com/phot...photo_id=64299

While doing a shocking survey at the Lake Cumberland tail waters they shocked up this huge eye...

http://www.columbiamagazine.com/phot...photo_id=64292

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perk0915 View Post
    Was there Weds and the water was up a little from normal but nothing was biting. Tried for eyes and crappie along with some other folks and nothing. Looks like the water is going to be up pretty good not they were running around 1200 weds but now are running over 4000. just a FYI
    Yeah ive been keeping an eye on green. Thats way to much current for me so Im taking a crappie trip to nolin now instead of green. Thanks for the heads up though. Tville in the morning and nolin sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to Cedar for the maiden voyage of my buddy's new ZX21 Skeeter. A lot of time will be spent just idling around and getting to know the new electronics while breaking in the new 250 SHO motor. Just in case we decide to drop a line in the water, I just finished rigging up 4 jigs, a crank, a silver buddy and a jerkbait.

Post Thanks / Like
    A buddy and I took some kayaks out on Elkhorn yesterday afternoon. We put in at Stillwaters Campground and fished the mouth where it pours into the (muddy!) KY River up to the first few bends of fast water. We dragged jigs and Texas-rigged craws on the bottom, threw twister tail jigs and crank baits, and floated small jerk baits in the current. Everything we threw was down-sized. Not sure what we did wrong, but we didn't get a single bite between the two of us. Oh, well! Hope you guys have better luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well heres my weekend results. Saturday i fished taylorsville. Very slow fishing with a few keepers and a couple shorts. Most others i talked to said it was a slow day as well. Sunday was a battle against the wind at nolin. Managed 8 keepers with a couple 12 inches plus. Along with several largemouth and short crappie. Was a great weekend to be out considering the time of the year. Got to eat some fresh fish sandwiches so id call it a win.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    Well heres my weekend results. Saturday i fished taylorsville. Very slow fishing with a few keepers and a couple shorts. Most others i talked to said it was a slow day as well. Sunday was a battle against the wind at nolin. Managed 8 keepers with a couple 12 inches plus. Along with several largemouth and short crappie. Was a great weekend to be out considering the time of the year. Got to eat some fresh fish sandwiches so id call it a win.

groundhog said early spring