Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

No President really controls Oil Prices. That I agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by fishraker View Post
    Bush did not become President until 2001, so the 2000 price belongs to Clinton. Obama did not become President until 2009, so the 2008 price belongs to Bush. There are many factors that go into the price that no President has control over.

Also, don't understand why you have to call those you disagree with "ass holes".
    OPEC has controlled the price of oil over the past. But voting for the political party that supports alternative energy resources and their development is my goal. We need to have alternatives so that OPEC can't control the price of oil so easily as they have in the past.

Obama has been good for the alternative energy companies. He supported wind, solar and other forms of energy.

Finding more natural gas and using f racking to get more oil and gas out of the ground has driven down the price of oil. The Saudis want lower prices for a short time in order to try to bankrupt new oil drilling companies. They they will be there after all the new companies go out of business and then they will OPEC can raise the prices by limiting the supply again. But as long as we are finding new oil in the US OPEC can't control the price of oil. Right now we are running out of places to store the oil that we are brining up out of the earth. Over supply leads to lower prices along with lowering demand. Making the car companies develop cars and trucks that are more energy efficient has also helped to lower the demand side of the equation.

Bush was not friendly to alternative energy companies IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    OPEC has controlled the price of oil over the past. But voting for the political party that supports alternative energy resources and their development is my goal. We need to have alternatives so that OPEC can't control the price of oil so easily as they have in the past.

Obama has been good for the alternative energy companies. He supported wind, solar and other forms of energy.

Finding more natural gas and using f racking to get more oil and gas out of the ground has driven down the price of oil. The Saudis want lower prices for a short time in order to try to bankrupt new oil drilling companies. They they will be there after all the new companies go out of business and then they will OPEC can raise the prices by limiting the supply again. But as long as we are finding new oil in the US OPEC can't control the price of oil. Right now we are running out of places to store the oil that we are brining up out of the earth. Over supply leads to lower prices along with lowering demand. Making the car companies develop cars and trucks that are more energy efficient has also helped to lower the demand side of the equation.

Bush was not friendly to alternative energy companies IIRC.
    as plane as you made this post, a six year old child can understand it, the things you stated above, is Obama's policies for cleaner energy, and that has put the pressure on the Saudie oil Kings, to lower the price of their Fossil fuel. thats all they have and they.re hoping the low prices will keep the world using their fossil fuel, cleaner energy is the future, China can see it as well, they are now the # 1 clean energy developing country in the world, clean energy investment around the world, hit a record amount $ 329 billion in 2015. I think America would be # one, if Obama would have had any help, Mitch Mcconnell said as soon as Obama was elected, that it was his # one priority to see that Obama was a one term President, how can anyone accomplish anything, working with folks like that.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    $1.39 a Gallon in Etown today, then with a $.10 Kroger Fuel Credit, I filled at $1.29 a gallon. I'm sure the groceries paying the gas discount. Wake up folks, KROGER does more every week to save you gas money than any politician ever did

At any rate, I could give a demented 5 legged cross-eyed diabetic's constipated chicken fed rat's southwest butt cheek why the gas prices are low. I just like keeping the cash in my front pocket by Willie the widow maker rather than handing it thru that little glass opening in the booth where the gas pump Nazi sits and ***** up Snickers flavored coffee all day.

If Obama, somebody's BUSH, Ronnie Ray-gun, "No Stain" Bill, Or "Text me later" Hilary wants to take credit.......great. Have at it and really hope the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and Ex-lax join forces to ruin your omelets and stain your pillow covers.

Thank you major oil exploration companies, thank you truckers, and railroads, and thanks to every swinging Richard that ever donned a hard hat and safety boots at an oil field, oil transmission line, or off shore drilling rig cause this old Army disabled vet warfighter wants to thank you from the bottom of my now fuller wallet.

And that's all I got to say about that.........
    Likes kygorski, Devils Horse, LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I been away too long! Ole boys here calling people as----s. Man what have I been missing?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Saudis are not afraid of windmills, but they are afraid of fracking. It has been said that we are the new Saudi of oil from Fracking. Now if we can keep BO from trying to shut it down, we might be able to continue on this path.

As for any numbers coming out of our government, you just about have to be proficient in Common Core math to be able to figure it out. Also, who knew that using the might of government to shut down coal companies across the country and put many people out of work and bankrupting coal and oil companies would result in lower gas prices. I think we should have believed our most magnanimous leader when he said that if he were elected your utility bills would necessarily skyrocket. He also said that he would make it so hard for oil companies and coal companies to do business that many would go bankrupt. I'm sure many would cheer, but I don't. I believe in any and all energies. Even Cold Fusion .I just know that a windmill on top of my car will not make my car go and that even electric cars can't go without coal or oil burning somewhere. I have family in the BIG oil business and lets just say that they know our most loved President is not a fan. He will though, gladly take credit for any benefit provided by fracking, even though he hates it.

There is huge monetary benefit to the government based on a theory. That theory is global warming caused by man. Our government has already by passed the American citizens by going to the United Nations pursuing a consensus that man is causing global warming. The end result is going to be global redistribution of wealth, our wealth.

Post Thanks / Like

population and climate change

Are you serious? Since 1970 the worlds population has doubled. Certainly that has caused some enviremental change.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy Talk

Your talking points are not valid.

Post Thanks / Like

Mean Monroe. You talking crazy talk

Seriously
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Morone View Post
    The Saudis are not afraid of windmills, but they are afraid of fracking. It has been said that we are the new Saudi of oil from Fracking. Now if we can keep BO from trying to shut it down, we might be able to continue on this path.
    You are right there........we have more oil and natural gas than anywhere else in the world. It is tied up in shale oil, and we don't even know how much we have . THAT scares OPEC to death, and you know what....it puts serious pressure on OPEC too.

No matter what is doing it......I love sub 2 dollar gas. It will allow me to do quite a bit of fishing this next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Whats not valid

Are you saying there was no usable energy source before coal and oil? So sails never contributed to mankind? Water wheels were myths?, and wind mills are a new contraption made to kill birds. Fossil fuels were a great contribution, but still renewable energy has a place.I'm all for using it, because I'll be gone before it is. I also worked indirectly for the oil refinerys, and many of my family worked the refinery route.I got ahead of myself, I'll continue to use as much fossil fueled energy that I can.BUT MAN DOES HAVE AN IMPACT ON THE ENVIREOMENT.[what ever]