Search Fishin.com

Thread: Cedar today

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar today

Fished today 46 degree water temp but water was like chocolate milk. Tough day but found fish on a few humps but couldn't get anything to bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Arer you sure it wasn't cumberland? Lol

i did the same thing there today. Muddy & up several feet with 43 to 46 degree water. I ran quite a ways downlake & never found any better colored water. Pretty much sucked today for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I went down with 3 buddies early last year when they had nothing going on but the current was still strong enough to keep us moving at a steady rate so if its has any generators running I would use caution. One of my buddies paddled against the current but remained close to the bank, and tried to get close to the dam and he manged to hook a few big trout, he did get caught by a current that actually pulled him towards the dam, I wouldn't recommend getting that close lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished Cedar yesterday too (guy in the yellow kayak) and had similar results. I did manage to find better water at the dam and in the coves on the northwestern side with about 2 feet of visibility. No one that I talked to had a single bite. Just one of those days I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navina0001 View Post
    I went down with 3 buddies early last year when they had nothing going on but the current was still strong enough to keep us moving at a steady rate so if its has any generators running I would use caution. One of my buddies paddled against the current but remained close to the bank, and tried to get close to the dam and he manged to hook a few big trout, he did get caught by a current that actually pulled him towards the dam, I wouldn't recommend getting that close lol.
    I think you have confused this thread on Cedar Creek lake for Cumberland...?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Haha I didn't notice I had posted this on the wrong thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inrll View Post
    I fished Cedar yesterday too (guy in the yellow kayak) and had similar results. I did manage to find better water at the dam and in the coves on the northwestern side with about 2 feet of visibility. No one that I talked to had a single bite. Just one of those days I guess.
    Was like that 2 weeks ago too I fished 5 hrs and got skunked,that's why I went to Cumberland this past weekend with much better results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks you for the information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navina0001 View Post
    Haha I didn't notice I had posted this on the wrong thread
    All good homey.....I was reading it and was scratching my head....I was thinking...that I wasn't aware you could fish below the dam at Cedar Creek LOL...alll goood!