Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Kentucky Lake in April

Planning to take my first trip to Kentucky Lake this April 10. Any advice on lures, good fishing spots, etc. would be appreciated. Also could use some advice on where to stay for three nights.

Thanks in advance,
    RangerCasey

Post Thanks / Like
    Lodging recommendations depends on what you are looking for as we have a lot of lodging available here.

For the north end of the lake:

The Moor's Resort: Lodge and cabins, restaurant and full service marina (all located within walking distance)

Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park: Lodge, cabins , restaurant and full service marina (all close proximatey within a few minutes driving distance) Only a few minutes driving distance to launch on north Barkley if the wind gets up on Kentucky Lake.

KenLake State Resort Park: Lodge, cabins, restaurant and full service marina (all close proximatey within a few minutes driving distance Located about 20 miles south of the dam.

Tennessee end:

Paris, Tennessee: Fish Tales Lodge

If you are looking for a small, clean, cheaper motel: The Bel Air located very close to Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park.

Note: Regardless of where you plan...make your reservations now....if you wait much longer you will have a hard time finding good lodging.

For lures and patterns, you will find about 3 years of my back fishing reports on this site...go look at the time frame reports when you will be here...will put you on the right track.

Dave
    Likes GeoFisher, CaptObvious, raporter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    Lodging recommendations depends on what you are looking for as we have a lot of lodging available here.

For the north end of the lake:

The Moor's Resort: Lodge and cabins, restaurant and full service marina (all located within walking distance)

Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park: Lodge, cabins , restaurant and full service marina (all close proximatey within a few minutes driving distance) Only a few minutes driving distance to launch on north Barkley if the wind gets up on Kentucky Lake.

KenLake State Resort Park: Lodge, cabins, restaurant and full service marina (all close proximatey within a few minutes driving distance Located about 20 miles south of the dam.

Tennessee end:

Paris, Tennessee: Fish Tales Lodge

If you are looking for a small, clean, cheaper motel: The Bel Air located very close to Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park.

Note: Regardless of where you plan...make your reservations now....if you wait much longer you will have a hard time finding good lodging.

For lures and patterns, you will find about 3 years of my back fishing reports on this site...go look at the time frame reports when you will be here...will put you on the right track.

Dave
    Dave won't say it, but if you have time, TAKE his class........his water elimination methodologies are tried and true, and have done more for my fishing than anything else.

It is a very, very effective class, and well worth the bucks.

YOU won't be disappointed.

Thanks,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    One place that I have stayed at a number of times that I would highly recommend is Whispering Oaks in Benton. Bob & Marilyn are the best and run a great place. You won't find a cleaner cabins anywhere. One big plus is that they have their own launch ramp along with slips to rent on the property.

Post Thanks / Like
    going down that same weekend...

Technonorb Guest
    hesters resort if you can get in this late. great part of the lake and great place for fishermen.

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed at the fin & feather in Aurora decent room but very economical, depending on what your fishing for, for bass I would be throwing a squarebill, rattle trap or a jig, if the water is up you can never go wrong with flipping the buck brush, but if I were you I would have some crappie stuff with you, the crappie fishing should be getting really good I'll be headed down there myself at some point in early April.