Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Was there anything wrong with the boat or wiring or the motor? My Johnson 35HP Motor has a charging system that outputs a DC current into my battery to keep it charged up. A couple of times a diode in the system went bad and the charging system didn't work. The battery went down and I had to use an external battery charger to get the battery charged back up until I could replace the diode in the motor. After that the battery stayed charged.
    Nope, two of them were on the troller and at that time had a different charger than the cranking battery. The cranking battery went first, followed by 1 troller battery a month or so later. The final battery gave up about 18 months later. I just got some bad batteries. They wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour or two when they went.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use
    INTERSTATE 24M XHD 800 CCA 1000 MCA
    Bought Boat in 2010, with Honda 135 and these batteries mounted. Bought just peach in 2016. 2x starter batteries.

Trolling motor uses: INTERSTATE SRM-27 600 CCA, 750 MCA that powers a 24 Volt Minn-Kota Autopilot. Again, came with the boat in 2010 and still alive and well in 2016.

And oh yes....hurt me.....hurt me.....I'm soooooo looking forward to having to replace all 4 at once when they do finally go bad. But for right now, and 6 years later, they be amongst the living.

Post Thanks / Like
    Four batteries is a lot of weight in a boat. I don't have to have two but I like the insurance. They are wired together using heavy gage wire.