Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any opinions on Fisher Boats?

Thinking about a purchase. 1993 model that has been refurbished. It has new carpet and vinyl. 1998 Force motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Force motors

I have a buddy that has had several issues with his 70hp force. He claims it's tough to find someone to work on them. Not sure why, but I'd check around before making your purchase. Just to have peace of mind in case repairs are needed in the future. Good luck and stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as Fisher goes, I have a friend who has one and likes it other than it having the same problem as most aluminum boats...the wind is not your friend! He has a hard time keeping it still in much wind at all compared to his old fiberglass boat. As for the Force motor, I have another friend who has a 1998 model and he has just the opposite luck of the post above. He's had very good service out of it and not many problems. He's owned it for several years and only had to replace a carburetor needle and water pump. He did the work himself, but there are several boat repair places in the area where we live and has someone who can work on it if need be.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a 2003 fisher prohawk 170, i really like this boat. Handles good and takes waves good for an Aluminum boat.
    probably the best riding Alum. ive ridden in. but not all model are the same, this one is a Vee hull all the way back to the pads, just like a glass boat. with 90 hp Merc i get around 41-42 MPH GPS.

Post Thanks / Like

fisher boats

FYI- Fisher boats are made by Tracker marine , as are MAKO'S, and all the rest to the Tracker lines. Contrary to what a lot of people believe, Fishers and Trackers are certainly not the best aluminum boats build, but they are good boats for the money. They're better quality now, than they were several years ago, primarily, because they had to keep up with the competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by llg View Post
    Thinking about a purchase. 1993 model that has been refurbished. It has new carpet and vinyl. 1998 Force motor.
    Force Motors ****......

The Fisher boat should be fine though........My first boat was a fisher.........And the trackers since.

If you get a good force, maybe you will be ok, but I don't thing good ones exist .

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofishdave View Post
    FYI- Fisher boats are made by Tracker marine , as are MAKO'S, and all the rest to the Tracker lines. Contrary to what a lot of people believe, Fishers and Trackers are certainly not the best aluminum boats build, but they are good boats for the money. They're better quality now, than they were several years ago, primarily, because they had to keep up with the competition.
    Tracker purchased Fisher years ago, but they are NOT the same boat, and not even close..........Different manu processes, etc,, etc.

My Tracker PT190 is a rock solid boat. Prob not the best aluminum boat out there, but better than most. I think Xpress are better, but the rest.....I'm not sure.

I do know that the Triton Aluminums are not as comfortable or as "dry". And the Ranger Aluminums......they ****.