Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

trolling motor install on a sport deck

Hi yall! New to the forum, been a visitor from time to time and thought this would be the place to get some ideas. I have a 2015 Stingray 198LX Sportdeck. My wonderful Dad, who will be 90 this year, gave to me all his fishing gear. ALL OF IT, lol... he wants to buy me a trolling motor so I will go fishing and use the gear. I'm all for it, it's just I'm not sure of a configuration for a trolling motor except for one mounted on the engine's lower unit (wow -- expensive and not many references/reviews out on the internet yet) or an install up front on the bow -- there is a small and sturdy door covering the front bow ladder that I could remove the ladder and install a bracket to mount the trolling motor. I would want something I could easily remove and stow away when not in use. I already have a dual battery setup, and Dad also says I'd need at least 90 lbs thrust. Anyone seen someone rig something up like this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheDrink View Post
    Hi yall! New to the forum, been a visitor from time to time and thought this would be the place to get some ideas. I have a 2015 Stingray 198LX Sportdeck. My wonderful Dad, who will be 90 this year, gave to me all his fishing gear. ALL OF IT, lol... he wants to buy me a trolling motor so I will go fishing and use the gear. I'm all for it, it's just I'm not sure of a configuration for a trolling motor except for one mounted on the engine's lower unit (wow -- expensive and not many references/reviews out on the internet yet) or an install up front on the bow -- there is a small and sturdy door covering the front bow ladder that I could remove the ladder and install a bracket to mount the trolling motor. I would want something I could easily remove and stow away when not in use. I already have a dual battery setup, and Dad also says I'd need at least 90 lbs thrust. Anyone seen someone rig something up like this?
    http://www.stingrayboats.com/product...n=6#14expanded

Example is same make boat you have but different model. So I contact a Stingray dealer up around the great lakes and see what they say as most likely someone up there has done this