Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Clinton's Biggest Mistake so Far!

http://www.courierpress.com/news/nat...74796521.xhtml

When Hillary goes after gun manufactures she is making the biggest mistake in her life. Gun's don't shoot people. People shoot people. If Hillary goes after the gun manufactures then I won't vote for her. And I've been a good voting democrat for all my life. But she better not mess with our guns or the gun manufactures. Right now this issue is much more important to me than abortion, religion and the environment. Why? Because with guns we can protect all the others from government interference. If the Government people disarm the people in this country there will be no stopping those elected or who take power by force. The people need to stay ARMED in order to keep our liberty that our founding fathers fought so hard to give to us. Some tell Hillary she is stepping on the wrong toes even if she thinks she means well. She is dead wrong on this issue.
    Likes DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your opinion differs from a large portion of Democrats and rhetoric of political left. It's actually refreshing to see someone who leans left understand that. I know many democrats like guns so not all are trying to attack guns but it is a fact that the left has been trying their best to control guns for a long time even more than they are now.

Hillary, like many other politicians use the bodies of the children as stepping stones to preach their lies, hate and control garbage. They don't care a thing about those kids. All they see is an opportunity to carry the torch of control and to be in the headlines.

Politicians from both sides use the same political tactic. Gun control, Racism, immigration, foreign spending, economy, border being secure and on and on get beat into the ground by them around election time. After that it's back to doing what they want and what's best for the supporters.

I'm interested to see what happens with guns/gun laws/taxes as this country moves forward. A few people get killed a year by mentally ill freaks and it's front page news. Thousands get killed by gangs with guns, knives and other weapons and it's just on the news if that and not important. The thousands killed should be the concern because this happens in areas that the Democrats promised would be safer if only gun laws were more strict....in a nutshell that theory is flawed and has failed. The statement of "if you take guns away from law abiding citizens then only criminals will have guns" is 100% accurate.

The fact that Hillary even has an audience for gun control is scary. Many uninformed people want to help but they don't understand what they are actually supporting. I guess the politicians know how to push the buttons that get misinformed/ignorant people to jump up and support them and all their controlling plans.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more republican than democrats sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Your opinion differs from a large portion of Democrats and rhetoric of political left. It's actually refreshing to see someone who leans left understand that. I know many democrats like guns so not all are trying to attack guns but it is a fact that the left has been trying their best to control guns for a long time even more than they are now.

Hillary, like many other politicians use the bodies of the children as stepping stones to preach their lies, hate and control garbage. They don't care a thing about those kids. All they see is an opportunity to carry the torch of control and to be in the headlines.

Politicians from both sides use the same political tactic. Gun control, Racism, immigration, foreign spending, economy, border being secure and on and on get beat into the ground by them around election time. After that it's back to doing what they want and what's best for the supporters.

I'm interested to see what happens with guns/gun laws/taxes as this country moves forward. A few people get killed a year by mentally ill freaks and it's front page news. Thousands get killed by gangs with guns, knives and other weapons and it's just on the news if that and not important. The thousands killed should be the concern because this happens in areas that the Democrats promised would be safer if only gun laws were more strict....in a nutshell that theory is flawed and has failed. The statement of "if you take guns away from law abiding citizens then only criminals will have guns" is 100% accurate.

The fact that Hillary even has an audience for gun control is scary. Many uninformed people want to help but they don't understand what they are actually supporting. I guess the politicians know how to push the buttons that get misinformed/ignorant people to jump up and support them and all their controlling plans.
    Once I took a online test to see which way I leaned in the political spectrum. I actually lean right on a few or more issues. Defense, guns, Conservation issues. I lean more to the left on social issues. And for abortion I'm not exactly for abortions or killing babies, but do understand that bringing crippled children into this world is not a good thing. In the past before modern medicine GOD did what was necessary to stop some births that were genetically unable to make it in this world. Today we deliver a lot of premature babies who in years past would have died of natural causes. The only time I might be for an abortion is if a mother's life is at risk if she were to proceed to birth. That would be my one and only exception. Now sometimes the mother's life may be lost and the babies life is saved. That would be bad and good. But I do think that the doctors should be left in charge of that type of decision. For example if a pregnant mother is injured in a very bad car accident and the baby can be saved but not the mother.

I was raised in a democratic family. I'm pro Union and pro worker. I detested what people like Frick Did to the steel workers when he was in charge of Carnegie's Steel Companies. I like having a 40 hour work week and having weekends off. I like getting paid a fair wage for an honest days work. I'm not religious but was confirmed in my church. I don't go to church anymore unless you consider going out into GOD's Country going to church. By God's country I mean out on the lake fishing when the sun is rising or about to set in the sky. To me that's where GOD Lives. I was taught that there is a God and his son died on the cross but for a long time now I have lost my faith. I sometimes wonder if it's all just a fairy tale and a people control thing. Remember that the Romans first killed Christians by feeding them to the lions in the coliseum. But later the Roman Emperor decided to embrace Christianity and I often wonder why he did the turn around.

I use to smoke but quit back in 1993. I wish I had quit much sooner. I should have never started. My friends in HS started smoking like a lot of silly kids thinking it was cool. It was not cool. It's taken many years off my life. I don't care if anyone else smokes as long as their smoke does not interfere with my lungs.

I'm anti illegal drugs. But I drink Whiskey in moderation. I like a buzz but don't like to get plastered. I won't drink and boat or drink and drive because the law is watching and I don't want to have to pay a fine or go to jail. So I drink at home only these days. If I go out to drink I would have to have a designated driver (Taxi) or friend get me home. I've not done that a few times in my life and wonder now how I made it to 65. A few times I was delivered to my parents house by friends and don't remember how or what happened that night. Now that only happened once in my life but that was enough. Other times I drove home and went to bed with my head spinning or was it the room that was still spinning.

My father was a teacher and IMHO was way under paid. He spend hours upon hours after school and before school grading papers or preparing to teach his classes. My dad could spell almost any word you asked him to spell. He went to college when others were going to war. He studied at Elmhurst College up by Chicago for three years and then ended up going to the University of Evansville in IN. He played college basketball all four years of his college school life. He played Basketball with a college all American named Gus Derner. Gus was a good friend of my father and even asked him to go play PRO basketball with him. But my father declined and stayed home and got married. I have a huge admiration for teachers who love their job. Some teachers should find another profession and or retire. But there are a lot of really good teachers out there that work very hard at what they do. We all would not be where we are today without good teachers to train and lead up though life as young people.

My father inspired me to fish among many other things. He loved fishing. And now I fish and remember him ever time I get the boat out and hit the water. My father taught grade school and high school students and many went on to become important people in IN. One was a chief justice of the IN supreme court. Others had brothers who became Mayors. Still many others went into business or sports. Teacher effect many young minds in a 30+ year teaching career. I probably would have been a teacher but I knew it was hard work and long hours. Now if all a teacher had to do was go to work and then come home and relax I may have been a teacher. I did end up coaching a couple of youth Ice Hockey Teams and enjoyed that a lot. I played Ice Hockey in College and loved that game more than basketball or any other sport with the exception of spring board diving. I was a swimmer and life guard and water safety instructor.

I went to college to be a veterinarian. But decided after two years that I was going to switch majors. I ended up with a degree in Environmental Science and Conservation of Natural Resources and took a few Wild Life Biology Classes too.
    I still enjoy walking in the woods or along the lake shore line. I enjoyed water skiing, and jumping off high cliffs into the waters of old rock quarries. Once a good friend of mine and I jumped off the top of a recreational lakes Trapeze super structure at night while holding flaming torches in our hands. We had to climb up to the top of the super structure and stand up on top of a 4" diameter pipe before jumping off. The climb was the most dangerous part. I only did that once or twice during the days before and never really enjoyed climbing on that superstructure. I have pictures of the trapeze dock some where in my files but it's too much trouble to go find them, scan them into the computer and resize them to post in here or onto the web.

Another time the same friend and I rode our ten speed bikes on a 100 mile trip from Evansville, IN to Carbondale, IL. We went water sking in Crab Orchard Lake with a friend that we met after we got there. And then spend the night camping out. We hauled sleeping bags on our bikes. And then rode back the next day. I was exhausted and put my ten speed bike away and then sold it to my uncle. I never rod bikes again after that trip. Too many big semi tractor trailer trucks whizzed pass us on the highway between IN and IL. I was in fear of my life ever time a **** semi would pass by me going 75 mph and only inches away from my bike and me. I decided that riding a bicycle on the highway was just too dangerous to life and limb. So I bought a Honda Trail Bike and rod trails and the streets on that Honda 250 XL. I had many a fun days and nights on that bike. But it was not really good enough for trails and was way too slow for the street. I stripped all the turn signals and other street options off it and road it on the trails in Warrick County and at Garden of the Gods in Southern IL. And I road it to work in the summer times. My girlfriend drove me up to buy the bike and followed me home from Mount Vernon, IL to my parents house. She was a good friend. I think she was a democrat too, but we never talked politics when I was in my younger years. Back in those days I didn't have a care in the world other than going swimming and having fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    "After that it's back to doing what they want and what's best for the supporters."

That is what it's all about for the politicians. And both sides are like this. This is one reason why I think we have such low voter registrations and voter turn out for our elections. It's a shame.