Search Fishin.com

Technonorb Guest

Kentucky lake week of 4/23

Going down to the Pisgah Duncan Sugar Bay Area the week of the 23rd. Anyone else going down want to team up and share info. ?

Staying at Hester's Resort if close stop by for a Burger and a Beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Going this weekend

Group of 5 are going down Thursday. Staying at Lighthouse. Never been there, and cannot find any reports right now. With the weather finally getting stable, it should be good.

will post how we did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably no report needed for that time.. Take a lizard, buzzbait, chatterbait and go 3 feet or less and you will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

KY Lake Reports

I will be down April 30-May 3rd. It will be my first time to the lake in the spring. Love the ledge fishing and noticed the FLW last year at this time was won on ledges. Looking at reports the lake is still fairly cold and not to summer pool yet. Shallow or deep? Any thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be down at my trailer from April 17th to roughly May 10th. I'll be chasing crappie/redear/bluegill. I just read a good report from Steve McAdams and it sounds like everything sort of fired up yesterday...should be great fishing for the next month solid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinstein View Post
    I will be down April 30-May 3rd. It will be my first time to the lake in the spring. Love the ledge fishing and noticed the FLW last year at this time was won on ledges. Looking at reports the lake is still fairly cold and not to summer pool yet. Shallow or deep? Any thoughts.
    Brother, I've been going down this same time frame for years and years. I'm not saying there won't be fish on ledges BC there will, but as long as this weather stays same and water levels maintain, you will need nothing except lizard, buzz, or chatterbait. Square bills or flukes also produce well. It's RARE that I've fished below 3-4 feet this time of year. VERY RARE! There will be fish all over the shallows. I've caught numerous fish up to 4-5 lbs by going so far back in the creeks I couldn't get my boat turned around and had to back out. Nothing like pulling a big one out of that skinny and shallow water. As said, I always go this time frame. I only get a few days this year, but will probably be down there when u are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwormy View Post
    Brother, I've been going down this same time frame for years and years. I'm not saying there won't be fish on ledges BC there will, but as long as this weather stays same and water levels maintain, you will need nothing except lizard, buzz, or chatterbait. Square bills or flukes also produce well. It's RARE that I've fished below 3-4 feet this time of year. VERY RARE! There will be fish all over the shallows. I've caught numerous fish up to 4-5 lbs by going so far back in the creeks I couldn't get my boat turned around and had to back out. Nothing like pulling a big one out of that skinny and shallow water. As said, I always go this time frame. I only get a few days this year, but will probably be down there when u are.

Agree.....

I will also be down there next week. Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun.........Yea, BABY. I cannot, cannot, cannot wait.

I've been in remodel hell, and am looking forward to sticking some fish.

Later,

Geo.

Technonorb Guest
    Good luck and let us know how you did...thanks Tech

Technonorb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwormy View Post
    PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

just got back

fished Friday, Saturday and Sunday Morning.
    Friday was slow for us, only a couple of good keepers early. It really changed Saturday. caught them on spinnerbaits on outer edge of flowers, and flipping brushhogs on docks with flowers close by. water temps went from 62 on Friday morning to 70 Saturday evening. It will be on fire this week and this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Water is now up in the mustard flowers. Should be able to catch them shallow or on secondary points. Smallmouth are maybe nearing tail end of spawn, lm's just picking up steam.

May even be able to dip the buck willows.