Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Grass Fish & Wildlife Area Bird Dog Pit Roads

The road leading back to the newest concrete launch ramp has been fixed. The area near the parking lot but still on the road had a huge mud hole on either side of the road that it cut into both side of the roadway making it nearly impossible to driver back to this launch ramp without getting your tires wet/muddy.

Thank you IDNR Sugar Ridge Property Manager for getting this gravel road repaired.
    And thank you for also putting more gravel on the road leading back to the North Launch ramp at Blue Grass Pit. That gravel road has some huge pot holes in it and the part of the road near the launch ramp parking lot was rutted out by water draining down through the road. That was also filled in with new gravel of a larger size. Hopefully it will last for a while.

The Warrick County Commissioners need to take a look at the Road on the West Side of Otter Pit. EULER ROAD from Ayshire Rd to Kansas Road and make some pavement repairs. I'd post their phone number if I had it on me right now. But I bet that if enough people called them and asked for that road to be repaired it might get done eventually. They have repaired some of the other roads out in the Blue Grass Fish and Wildlife area. St John's road was paved last year and this year they paved parts or most of the Zoar Church Road and Stevenson Station Road. So thank the commissioners for paving those roads for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately

The road leading back to the South end of Bird Dog pit has again become rutted. Someone removed the baracades from the side of the road that was blocking off road vehicles from traveling along the side of the gravel roadway and making ruts in the mud there along the side of the road.

What is wrong with people? Now the new gravel is being washed away and covered up with muddy water. It will take IDNR another 5 years to get enough money in their budge to fix this road again.

Money does not grow on trees and people who knowingly destroy the area should be punished IMHO. Once I saw a guy in a jeep that was off the side of the road at the entrance to otter pit. I should have taken photos of his vehicle stuck in the mud with his license plate showing and giving that to IDNR CO as evidence. He should have to pay to have the land repaired and placed back into it's natural state again. But I didn't and just let it go. But I wish that people would use some common sense once in a while and just obey the rules and stop tearing up the place out there.