Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Skeeter Boat Question

I bought a 1984 Skeeter starfire 175 that has a 150 Mercury on it. Boat. Needed some work but I got it for a really good price. Anyway the cables are already setup for a Jack plate but the boat didn't have one on it. These people on this Skeeter Facebook page are telling me you aren't suppose to put Jack plates on a starfire, ss or sx because the transom isn't strong enough?? Not saying that's the case, but why make a bass boat that can't handle a Jack plate? Has anyone on here done it and did you have any issues?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankBaitKilla View Post
    I bought a 1984 Skeeter starfire 175 that has a 150 Mercury on it. Boat. Needed some work but I got it for a really good price. Anyway the cables are already setup for a Jack plate but the boat didn't have one on it. These people on this Skeeter Facebook page are telling me you aren't suppose to put Jack plates on a starfire, ss or sx because the transom isn't strong enough?? Not saying that's the case, but why make a bass boat that can't handle a Jack plate? Has anyone on here done it and did you have any issues?
    It's probably not relevant to your boat but I have a tournament edition ZX that has a jack plate on it. It came out of the factory that way. I have a 150 Yamaha on it but the hull is rated up to a 175. I'd recommend you stop by a dealer and ask them. They should be able to find out from Skeeter Boats Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankBaitKilla View Post
    Go to bass boat central and check out the Skeeter board. Those guys will know.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard and read different things. My skeeter too is rated for a 175. This jackplate only has a 6 inch setback. My dad works on outboards and he says he doesn't see any reason why the transom won't hold a jackplate. If I have problems as long as it isn't anything major then I'll take it off.....thanks guys