Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    take a piece of flourescent orange duck tape about 6 inches long and wrap it around the line, fold it over so sticky side mates with sticky sticky side. you can use a sharpie to put your info on the tape and the flourescent tape is easy to locate at night....a plus for the owner of the bush line AND the unsuspecting angler who accidentally hooks the line

A few minutes ago I was going to suggest that but I could not remember my password.

But:

I had in mind grey duct. Fluorescent much better.

Didn't think of the visibility to someone else.

Didn't think of more visibility at night.

To digress--
    On the way home from the lake I was thinking about all the small shad and water that would accumulate on the floor of the boat when netting and shaking gilled shad loose and what a mess they made when I stepped on them. An all time high last weekend. It looked like one if those commercial fishing boats you see on TV. Rubber boots would have been overkill. Definitely not flip- flop material. Barefoot no.

In a moment of brilliance I Figured out if I turn to the left (back of boat) instead of the right ( floor of boat ) I could substantially lighten the load on the floor ... in the motion if going from pulling to dumping.

I'll gone it a try next time and see if it is actually is a good idea.

Also if t throw toward the back corner instead of off the back side I'll be able to get more of a wind up baseball bat swing and open the net better. Jeez the light is round not square.

Takes a long time to learn stuff like this. Lol. That's why you never want to get a new Striper boat unless absolutely necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    take a piece of flourescent orange duck tape about 6 inches long and wrap it around the line, fold it over so sticky side mates with sticky sticky side. you can use a sharpie to put your info on the tape and the flourescent tape is easy to locate at night....a plus for the owner of the bush line AND the unsuspecting angler who accidentally hooks the line
    Great idea! Along that same line I guess a length of orange or white flag tape with the info written on it and tied onto the limb beside of the line would work too. Kinda like the ones they use for gator lines on Swamp People.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have laminated tags with my name and address on them. I just use the extra line left over after tying the line to run through the hole I have punched in them. I typically set at the edge of dark and check at day break instead of running all night. Just my preference I guess. Just something about seeing a limb bouncing out in front of the boat through the fog of the morning gets me fired up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions on a preferred method to label a limb line? Obviously unlike a jug line I can't write on it with a sharpie. Lol.
    I use a side cut from a milk jug with my info written in sharpie on it. You can cut a slit in it and it will slid onto the line.