Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Prop shop suggestions?

Have fairly minor damage to my stainless prop (a little bent on one blade and a couple of dings) and wonder if anyone can recommend a good prop shop. Any ideas on average repair costs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Google Mark Croxton

Post Thanks / Like
    Tucker's Landing in Clarksville,IN
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Tucker's Landing for sure. He has done a lot of work for me and I am always satisfied with his work.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a prop that has a little over 8-900 hours of run time on it. At 4-500 hours I was not experiencing any performance loss but had the prop worked on because it had a lot of scratches and nicks. A local guy cleaned it up. Then around 800 hours it started losing bite, lift and speed. I sent it to Mark Croxten and had him repair the prop. He calls it a repair but from my understanding its more of a refurbish. He will clean the prop and put all blades back into factory specifications. When I got my prop back it looked like new and performed like new. The person who cleaned it at the 4-500 hour mark obviously only cleaned the edges of the blades. With Mark's service you could see the entire prop had been cleaned. Plus he worked all the blades back into factory specifications.

I frequent another discussion board and that is how I learned about Mark and his service. He is highly regarded as one of the best prop guys in the nation. I will include a link to his website. Read his credentials and look at his before and after repair pictures...his work is second to none.

http://www.marksprops.com/about.html

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on Marks
    I have used Mark twice and can't say enough about what he did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I have a prop that has a little over 8-900 hours of run time on it. At 4-500 hours I was not experiencing any performance loss but had the prop worked on because it had a lot of scratches and nicks. A local guy cleaned it up. Then around 800 hours it started losing bite, lift and speed. I sent it to Mark Croxten and had him repair the prop. He calls it a repair but from my understanding its more of a refurbish. He will clean the prop and put all blades back into factory specifications. When I got my prop back it looked like new and performed like new. The person who cleaned it at the 4-500 hour mark obviously only cleaned the edges of the blades. With Mark's service you could see the entire prop had been cleaned. Plus he worked all the blades back into factory specifications.

I frequent another discussion board and that is how I learned about Mark and his service. He is highly regarded as one of the best prop guys in the nation. I will include a link to his website. Read his credentials and look at his before and after repair pictures...his work is second to none.

http://www.marksprops.com/about.html
    Second to none indeed, 48 hr turnaround and if you want a little more out of a prop - fill out his form and send it in and he'll tweek it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the input. I ended up stumbling onto another prop for cheap since I posted this. I guess I'll have my old damaged one available for a good price if anybody's intersted. It's a 4 blade renegade that was on my Evinrude (can't remember what size or pitch right off).

Post Thanks / Like
    The renegade that needs repair is it the old style pressed in rubber hub or the new TBX removable hub...if it has the TBX hub I might be interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll check. I'm out of town for a few days, but when I get back I'll let you know.