Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPike View Post
    Me and my brother went out on Lake Cumberland friday evening. My first time ever fishing Lake Cumberland from a boat and was hoping to get my first striper ever. We fished a couple hours waiting for dark. I caught one decent large mouth and then once night fell began casting topwater and sub surface lures against main lake bluffs. NOTHING. The lake was flat calm once the sun set and it got chilly. Lots of floating debris.

Will regroup and continue my quest for my first striper.

FYI I was casting jointed thundersticks, red fins, sliver, Gizz4 shallow diver and a 1oz dollfly with twister tail trailer. I am a striper fishing newbie but I threw the tackle box at them
    You may do better to find where the alewives are working the banks(spawning). Start with black shale banks. As the season progresses, the shad begin working the shallow black shale banks later and as the water temps creep into the mid to upper 70's it gets later. Not uncommon for the shad to start after midnight and only last an hour or two. I have seen the early June bite start at 3 AM and be over by 4AM. At this time I would not be late launching somewhere between 12 and 1. Slivers, Jointed Thundersticks (or Redfins) and Long A Bombers. Good luck.
    Likes MrPike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    You may do better to find where the alewives are working the banks(spawning). Start with black shale banks. As the season progresses, the shad begin working the shallow black shale banks later and as the water temps creep into the mid to upper 70's it gets later. Not uncommon for the shad to start after midnight and only last an hour or two. I have seen the early June bite start at 3 AM and be over by 4AM. At this time I would not be late launching somewhere between 12 and 1. Slivers, Jointed Thundersticks (or Redfins) and Long A Bombers. Good luck.
    Thank you sir! I appreciate the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updated info on the night bite? Going down tomorrow night but fishing the river end around Conley Bottom. Tired of blanking on the lower end haha. My ol faithful spots are not cutting it here lately and a change of scenery is much needed