Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Night Striper Bite on Lake Cumberland

How has the night Striper bite been lately? How has the cold front affected the overall bite this week. I was hoping to hit it this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard from a reliable source that the night bite has slowed way down on the upper end of the lake and most fish are coming on main lake points at creek mouths early morning through mid afternoon with shad/alewives on boards weighted 0-1/4oz 10-25' back. I'll be down there next week myself. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple friends that did pretty good on the lower end of the main lake last Friday night between dusk and midnight.

The day fishing was not good Saturday or Sunday. Bait was easy to catch though. Lots of threadfins on top.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went Tuesday night, lunched at the Dam, got there at midnight, the wind had the surface of the water roughed up and the shad wasn't doing very much, the water temp was 68 degrees, had to fish in pockets/coves to hide from the wind, the fishing was slow but got two 23'' striper. tried fishing with Slivers, Redfins, Thundersticks, but the only thing I could get them to hit was a, long A magnum Bomber, with a Black back and silver sides.

while i'm on here, i've seen hundreds of shooting stars at night while fishing, but I seen the prettiest one while fishing near the Dam Tuesday night, it was different than all the others I've seen in the past, around 1:am I had my back to it, and it was dark out Tuesday night, but the shooting star lit up the whole lake around me, so much that I turned to see what was making it so lite, and that is when I saw the shooting star, it looked like it burned all the way to the ground, there were about 15 or 20 trucks in the parking lot, so some other fishermen had to see it as well, if anyone on here was fishing there Tuesday night, what did you think about the way that shooting star lit up the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight is the peak of the Eta Aquaria meteor shower. No expert just parroting

Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea how the cold front will affect the bite this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garslayer View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garslayer View Post
    Might as well add my question....how bad is the drift?

Post Thanks / Like
    The debris is terrible in places, as in dangerously terrible. The water ultra clear on the lower end of the lake with the level waaay up in the trees. Fishing is extremely tough right now with multiple boats blanking on stripers day after day. Catfish are biting good though....hey its better than nothing right ?? Lol.
    Seriously there is some pretty nasty stuff floating around out there right now so use extreme caution.
    Likes boskeet liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    The debris is terrible in places, as in dangerously terrible. The water ultra clear on the lower end of the lake with the level waaay up in the trees. Fishing is extremely tough right now with multiple boats blanking on stripers day after day. Catfish are biting good though....hey its better than nothing right ?? Lol.
    Seriously there is some pretty nasty stuff floating around out there right now so use extreme caution.
    Thanks for the report. I was hoping for Clear water, calm wind, 72 degrees, hungry fish and partly sunny skies.
    Likes leftyfrazel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Only fished for a few hours this weekend. Actually, I didn't fish before daylight, I ran the motor while some buddies casted a few hours before daylight. Had one hit so hard it blew up another Gizz 4 bait. Mean! I got another one for ya! Ha! Busted the back hook off and took a prong off the middle hook. This one hit right at the boat and I think the guy's drag was way too tight. I caught a huge cat on a bucktail after daylight. Had to clean pollen off after every cast. it was too much of a PITA so I didn't fish after that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and my brother went out on Lake Cumberland friday evening. My first time ever fishing Lake Cumberland from a boat and was hoping to get my first striper ever. We fished a couple hours waiting for dark. I caught one decent large mouth and then once night fell began casting topwater and sub surface lures against main lake bluffs. NOTHING. The lake was flat calm once the sun set and it got chilly. Lots of floating debris.

Will regroup and continue my quest for my first striper.

FYI I was casting jointed thundersticks, red fins, sliver, Gizz4 shallow diver and a 1oz dollfly with twister tail trailer. I am a striper fishing newbie but I threw the tackle box at them