Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good Fish or Bad Fish or both at the same time?

http://secure2.inflammationsolution....rmcd_istab0516

While omega 3 fatty acids are good for the heart the PCB's are not so good for the body. So beware of where you catch your fish before you eat too much fish. Or ask where the fish you get at the stores come from before you eat too much of it.

Remember that less is more some times.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it matter?

PCPs mercury,nitrates,almost ALL fish have some kind of contanament now.Farm raised catfish are fed artificial ingredients to help them grow quicker.The great lakes are slowly becoming contaminated with plastic mirco beds used to exfoliate skin,these wind up in fish.I don't worry that much about fish that I catch, because I fillet and skin them. If all of this was alarming, I'd be dead a long time ago. I ate fresh salmon and trout from the great lakes. I loved smoked lake trout, and salmon. Much of our food today is modified or supplemented with nutrients and steriods.Eating a california peach or necterine is like eating wax fruit.Every box of strawberrys I bought this year, were tastless., maybe I'm losing my sense of taste. Remember, saliva causes cancer!
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

DOSEAGE

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    PCPs mercury,nitrates,almost ALL fish have some kind of contaminant now.Farm raised catfish are fed artificial ingredients to help them grow quicker.The great lakes are slowly becoming contaminated with plastic mirco beds used to exfoliate skin,these wind up in fish.I don't worry that much about fish that I catch, because I fillet and skin them. If all of this was alarming, I'd be dead a long time ago. I ate fresh salmon and trout from the great lakes. I loved smoked lake trout, and salmon. Much of our food today is modified or supplemented with nutrients and steriods.Eating a california peach or necterine is like eating wax fruit.Every box of strawberrys I bought this year, were tastless., maybe I'm losing my sense of taste. Remember, saliva causes cancer!
    You are right when you say you would be dead if these were rapidly acting and highly toxic and you got a huge DOSE of these toxin all at one time. The body can excrete some of these toxin from the body. Arsenic for example can be found in our hair and finger nails. After someone dies from arsenic poisoning (Received a huge big DOSE or smaller DOSES over a longer period of time) the Medical Pathologist can find the arsenic in the finger nails or hair after death. The hair grows slowly and small amounts of the arsenic is deposited in the hair at the hair follicle over time. So the arsenic found at the ends of the hair are older than those found nearer the roots of the hair.

We also excrete other toxin though our urine and feces and even our body sweat glands and saliva glands. (Men Spit it out)

But some toxins like PCB accumulate in the fat tissues of the body. Maybe this is why over weight people in North American have more cancer than thinner people. The heavy weight people with lots of body fat have lots more toxins stored in their fat. Maybe this is also why when the Dr. advise us not to lose weight too fast they know that if you burn up the fat in our bodies too fast it releases a higher DOSE of the toxin from the fat tissue.

Remember that DOSE = Concentration of the substance and the Time of Exposure to the substance. Another term might be the RATE of exposure. How fast and how much we get into our bodies and how fast we can get rid of it.

Now We are all mortal. We have a fixed life span that determined by our Genetic Make up given to us by our Parents and their parents. And we are all also effected by what we eat, drink and absorb into our bodies. We absorb things though the largest organ in our bodies, THE SKIN. We absorb things though our lungs in the air we breath. In fact I learned in my Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) class that we can receive a higher DOSE of chemicals by inhaling them into our lungs. Did you know that the total SURFACE AREA of the human lungs is equal in square feet to a Basketball Court? Our lungs have these tiny air sacks called ALVEOLI which gives us a huge surface area in the lungs so that we can absorb OXYGEN out of the air and put CARBON DIOXIDE out of the blood stream. These Alveoli increase the surface area inside our lungs so that we can get in a lot of oxygen fast and get ride of the CO2 just as quickly. These alveoli are surrounded by very tiny capillaries that carry blood to the alveoli and help in the transfer or the O2 and CO2 in and out of our lungs.

These hundred of Thousands of tiny sacks, (Alveoli) also increase the rate of absorption of drugs or chemicals that we breath into our lungs.

The fastest way to get a drug into the human body is to vaporize it and inhale it into our lungs. That would be like pouring the drug out on the basketball court and have it absorb down into the floor.

So this is why when you take the first pull off a cigarette for the very first time you get dizzy almost immediately and then some people get sick really fast. The Nicotine in the Cigarette Smoke is being absorbed by all those tiny Air Sacks in the lungs and going directly into the blood steam and then they pump up to the brain from the lungs/heart and enter the brain. The effect is quick and a good example of how the body works.

If you were to breath in a toxic gas such as cyanide you would probably die immediately. But if you were to dilute the poison and then dilute that again over and over and introduce a very tiny amount of the poison into your lungs your body might be able to adapt to the poison and develop a resistance to it over time. Say you inject yourself with Snake Venom from a Cobra that's been diluted down to a microscopic amount. You inject that diluted snake venom into your veins again and again over time your body develops an immunity to the snake venom. This is what snake keepers do so that in case they ever get bit by their snakes they have an immunity to the snake venom and may survive a higher DOSE of the snake venom. When the snake bits it may inject a lot of the venom that's not been diluted and is at full strength. Snake anti serum is made by injecting horses with diluted amounts of snake venom and then taking the horse's antibodies to the snake venom out of the horses blood and making the anti venom with the horse's antibodies.

Each poison acts differently in the human body. Some are more Toxic than others. But even the ones that are not as toxic can build up in the body to lethal levels over time.

Maybe this is why we die over time? Maybe we might live longer if we were not exposed to cosmic rays from the sun and all the other chemicals that we breath in, absorb though our skin, drink into our bodies and or eat.

When I was younger I was made to study History while in School. I remember the story about the guy who was in the America's looking for the "Fountain of Youth". Well back then I was young and strong and uneducated in the ways of the world. I didn't really have a care in the world compared to adults. No real important responsibilities other than to do my chores and go to school and church etc. I didn't care about the Fountain of Youth and thought it was silly for a grown man to be out searching for such a thing in the Jungles of the Americas.

But as I grew older and my body started to ache and pain me I started to understand what that guy was doing.

Back in the early days man didn't live as long as we do today. My mother is still alive and is getting released from rehab today. She's going to be 91 years young this coming August. She's been though WWII and saw the flood of 1937. She's been given enough radiation (via CAT scans and X rays) the last few years to kill a horse a thousand times. But she is still up right and walking with a cane now. Actually she can walk without it but she has fallen a couple of times in the last year. She can't get herself back up if she falls without help. So I have one of these "help I've fallen and can't get up devices" that she used to call for help. She was hospitalized twice in the last two years just for falling down and hitting her head both time.

We are all getting older by the minutes and there is not really too much we can do to reverse this. Although I did read recently that some researcher has developed some medicine that can reverse the aging in the Mitochondria things inside our bodies cells. These Mitochondria things are the energy factories inside our cells that make us go fast or slow. So if you can repair or replace them inside our cells as they get older and slow down you might have found the Fountain of Youth that that Historical guy was looking for. But then again it may just be another snake oil salesmen selling his snake oil.

Maybe your salivia is excreting the snake venom and effecting your TASTE BUDs. I still enjoy strawberries with my blueberries and a banana each and every day. The Blueberries are said to have chemicals in them that ward of fungus and bacteria and they also have what's called Antioxidants that can help keep cancer a bay. You see I now have cancer and until I under go surgery or chemo or radiation treatment I will die of cancer sooner or later. I have a very slow growing form of cancer. But it's a cancer not just a tumor or benign growth in my body. So I'm trying to eat foods that help slow down the growth of my cancer cells. Cancer cells are just regular cells that have a genetic defect or two and grow uncontrollably. But they can kill us if they grow too fast and take away nutrients from other normal cells and organs in the body. They also may secrete toxic substance and kill other nearby normal cells. Believe me no one want to get cancer. And I don't know of too many people that wish to have a heart attack or heart disease either.

The older you get the more you are concerned with living longer. IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile not in all cases

YES, I want to live at least 5 more months the good lord willing. After that"THY WILL BE DONE".Old age is not always a blessing. There is a difference between quality, and quantity.Doing what you can, is not doing what you want to do. I've lived a better life than half the people on earth.It's the genes I guess. I certanly havn't led a healthy life, and devine intererference has been evident in several situations. Another way to look at it is, I'm a catholic, longevity might be a form of penance.