Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley Conditions

Going down this weekend for some Bluegill. Would like to k ow if this weather has muddied up the lake. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolin Addict View Post
    Going down this weekend for some Bluegill. Would like to k ow if this weather has muddied up the lake. Thanks in advance.
    I was down through Friday and the water was fine. I suspect Little River may have been muddy but the main lake and all of the bays I fished Thursday / Friday were fine. I saw a little color in the back of some coves but nothing anywhere near muddy. Bass fishing was tough but I did find a few bluegills / redear...

kc

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back this morning from three days there. The water was fine where I was at but the cold front made it hard for me to get on the fish and I struggled the entire time. Everyone I talked with were saying the same thing.

I did catch a few nice catfish off the dock though so at least they were biting.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a bunch

Thanks guys. Im hoping the full moon will help with the gills/redear. Cannot back out now, at least the water looks good.

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Cold front slowed the fish down immensely. Would have thought I would have had no problem catching as many channels as I wanted but it was somewhat slow. Did see some folks at cleaning station with redears but nothing huge. One good crappie they cleaned had eggs in it still. That was on KY. KY was very clear, I could see bottom with polarized sunglasses down to 5'.

Barkley was stained but normal Barkley color. Maybe even pretty clear for it. Water below the dam was well stained but not muddy if that makes sense. You could see the plume from Barkley being several shades more brown than KY where it flowed through the canal.