Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland report?

Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone had an up to date report on bass fishin on Cumberland? The website from the engineers or whatever isn't updated, its a report from 5/10.

Just a thought too, anyone go to Sportsmans Warehouse? They have a big board on the wall as you enter the store that gives reports on 10 or more big lakes in KY. I'm unsure of where the report comes from, but perhaps an updatable sticky or some sort of official fishing report for a multitude of lakes would be handy here.

Lake: X Water Temp: X Recommended lures: X,X,X

Post Thanks / Like
    Went down yesterday bowfishing, 10 water was 69, 4 water was 72. About 2 feet visibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW the Corp updated site

Fishing Information by Phone: (606) 678-8697
    Elevations, Generation Schedule, Water Temperatures & Fishing Report:
    The lake information for May 24, 2016 as of 12 AM includes the headwater elevation at 723.36 ft andthe tailwater elevation at 555.06 ft. The generation schedule from: Midnight until Midnight.
    However, this is subject to change without notice or warning.
    Also, as of May 23, 2016 the water temperature at Burnside Marina was 68.1 at the Surface, 67.6 at 5 feet, 67 at 10 feet, 65 at 15 feet, 63.6 at 20 feet, 61.8 at 25 feet, and 60.8 at 30 feet.
    The bluegill and shell crackers are being caught on red worms and crickets in the creeks and in the pockets on the main lake.
    Smallmouth bass are off the nest and are guarding fry and can be difficult to catch due to the high water.
    Walleye can be found on the red clay flats on the main lake. You can catch them using bottom bouncers with night crawler harnesses and pulling crankbaits.
    Stripers are caught during the day and night. The daytime on live bait and top water and nighttime along the bluff walls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    FWIW the Corp updated site

Fishing Information by Phone: (606) 678-8697
    Elevations, Generation Schedule, Water Temperatures & Fishing Report:
    The lake information for May 24, 2016 as of 12 AM includes the headwater elevation at 723.36 ft andthe tailwater elevation at 555.06 ft. The generation schedule from: Midnight until Midnight.
    However, this is subject to change without notice or warning.
    Also, as of May 23, 2016 the water temperature at Burnside Marina was 68.1 at the Surface, 67.6 at 5 feet, 67 at 10 feet, 65 at 15 feet, 63.6 at 20 feet, 61.8 at 25 feet, and 60.8 at 30 feet.
    The bluegill and shell crackers are being caught on red worms and crickets in the creeks and in the pockets on the main lake.
    Smallmouth bass are off the nest and are guarding fry and can be difficult to catch due to the high water.
    Walleye can be found on the red clay flats on the main lake. You can catch them using bottom bouncers with night crawler harnesses and pulling crankbaits.
    Stripers are caught during the day and night. The daytime on live bait and top water and nighttime along the bluff walls.

Awesome! I had checked the site and called the # but neither were current, glad its up to date. Thanks to both for replying, happy fishin'

Post Thanks / Like
    I am headed out in the morning. I will follow up with a report if I do any good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went this morning and put in at Jamestown.

LOTS of slugs of wood floating. Some very big. hard to see when there is chop on water. 74.5 F when we left. 6-7 ft of visibility. Quite a few guys striper fishing in AM in area. But we were the only boat we saw all day bass fishing.

Meh. 8 bass and a small striper. 4.5lb LM and 16" SM were biggest of each type. Lost 2 nice fish. Several nice follows but just didnt hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JGrimes View Post
    Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone had an up to date report on bass fishin on Cumberland? The website from the engineers or whatever isn't updated, its a report from 5/10.

Just a thought too, anyone go to Sportsmans Warehouse? They have a big board on the wall as you enter the store that gives reports on 10 or more big lakes in KY. I'm unsure of where the report comes from, but perhaps an updatable sticky or some sort of official fishing report for a multitude of lakes would be handy here.

Lake: X Water Temp: X Recommended lures: X,X,X

Went out yesterday morning. Debris everywhere and lots of pollen accumulating on the lines. I was by myself and ran 5 rods. 4 planer boards and one float off the back with shad. I trolled for hours and never caught anything but a nice small mouth and also lost a giant smallie at the boat. It is full time work trolling with so much sticks and trash floating in the water. Very tough conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    Went this morning and put in at Jamestown.

LOTS of slugs of wood floating. Some very big. hard to see when there is chop on water. 74.5 F when we left. 6-7 ft of visibility. Quite a few guys striper fishing in AM in area. But we were the only boat we saw all day bass fishing.

Meh. 8 bass and a small striper. 4.5lb LM and 16" SM were biggest of each type. Lost 2 nice fish. Several nice follows but just didnt hit.
    Any recommendations on what lures to chuck at 'em??

Post Thanks / Like
    most success on jerkbait and fluke like bait on small jig head.