Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cave Run Report-Bass

Fished Cave Run out of Alfrey on 5/25 9am-2pm. Water was stained for cave run at ramp but visibility good to two+ feet, lake up 4.32' over summer pool and 67.4 F at 9am. Two whole trailers at ramp!! Ran to Buck Creek where water was a little more stained but still doable. Hit the usual stick ups with no luck and kept going shallower. Caught a couple dinks on a crank and senko, then got a surprise on the senko. Landed a 12" rainbow trout!!? First one of those I have ever caught there. Water was 68 degrees so he wasn't comfortable! Finally found a few decent bass in flooded trees in 5' of water on a small popper. Total of 3 ranging from 15-17 1/2", no eggs and most looked to be males. Went around to Zilpo and hit flooded trees there with little response until I saw small minnows getting chased. Switched back to small popper on top and proceeded to catch and release 16 bass in next hour and a half. Largest being an egg filled spot that was 19". Only raised one Muskie in little cave run that was undersized.

Good luck if anyone goes out this weekend. Beware it is amateurs weekend out there!!
    Likes Tacklebag23, Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice report, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    i fished a tournament saturday, caught a bunch of 13 inchers so didnt do so well in the tournament. however, i did have a nice muskie slam a frog in the back of a cove near the river mouth. that experience was worth the trip.