Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would also go with fluocarbon on the casting reel but I also use braid on my spinning reels with about a 3-4ft fluro leader. I've put the setup through it all and have no grooves in my rods eyes. I do believe that eyes made out of a certain material can groove but most do not. Most guys today that I know use braid on their spinning rods, as it eliminates line twist and is very sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.
    I was apprehensive about putting fluoro on my new baitcaster to start... I thought it would make backlashing worse since it seems a little more rigid to me (I've been using fluoro leaders on my spinning reels that have braid). Right now its spooled up with cheap Academy brand 12lb mono. I've been casting around in my yard the last couple nights and I must say, it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dropping jigs in a solo cup 10 yds out or anything, but I was able to make some fairly long casts without backlash. I thought I would be picking out backlashes every few casts.

So is it not true that fluorocarbon is more difficult to cast with? It was the main reason I planned on using braid once I was comfortable using the cheap mono.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely say mono is easier to cast than fluro. Unless you're using the casting reel in really clear water or for crankbaits you can use braid with a little longer mono or copolymer leader. P-line cxx makes a good copoly leader I believe.