Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

More on Global Warming

It's getting worse not better.
    http://www.courierpress.com/weather/...382354001.html

As the ice melts the oceans absorb more heat and the Earth gets warmer Faster. Ice being white reflect the sunlight back out into space. But when the ice melts the darker colored waters absorb the sunlight and warm up faster. This speeds up the melting of more ice and accelerates the process. The result is more ice melts and the process heats up the earth faster.

Now as it turns to winter the ice reforms and covered the surface of the waters again. The ice reaches is max in March. As summer comes on the ice melts and the melting of the ice is greatest by September. The cycle goes back and forth but there is less ice by September each year as the Earth heats up more. All it takes is a couple of degs of temperature changes (Talking AVERAGE temperature changes) to speed up the process even more. Each year in September there is less ice than the previous September.

There is no question in my mine that this is happening and that man is responsible for the increase in CO2 gas increase in the atmosphere. But the question is what do we do to fix this. That's where the debate should start now.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile maybe

drink your bourbon with warm water? Sounds terrible, drinks great! Why do you keep poking geo and djd with a stick?

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you call it Poking?

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    drink your bourbon with warm water? Sounds terrible, drinks great! Why do you keep poking geo and djd with a stick?
    I drink my bourbon with mixer not warm water. Why would I dilute good KY bourbon with nasty sand filtered Ohio River water? That would never happen in this house.

Someone has to poke Geo once in a while. It's all in good fun.