Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Drum

The Ohio River is loaded with drum, big ones too. Id suggest going below the upper dam of McAlpine and throwing 3" curly tails on 1/4 oz jig heads. Plenty of bank access, and opportunities to catch a bunch of species. I'm a hybrid and striper guy myself and catch drum while fishing for them quite often. Good luck and stay safe.
    Likes kyfanatic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

specs and redfish

man I miss those salty critters, fished mostly arounf mobile bay in the winter. but since I needed to get rid of my boat, for physical reasons, I've found that Ky bank fishing *****, unless you like trout fishing on the cumberland, but again, physical limitations almost are ruling that out to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime you want to fish the main licking river from Claysville in Harrison county north through Visalia in Kenton County,I can put you on quite a few places to access and bank fish where you can catch both Flathead and Channel Cats,Drums,and many other species Sauger,Crappie,Smallmouth,Largemouth,Perch,White Bass,Carps,and even an occasional Muskie.
    I lived in Louisiana in the late 70's through mid 80's and have a son in Lafayette still,be glad to show you around,been fishing the Licking all my life.I'm located halfway between Falmouth and Cynthiana,Ky an hour from Lexington.

forgot to add that most of my access points are on private land and you rarely see others while fishing
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Loomis View Post
    The Ohio River is loaded with drum, big ones too. Id suggest going below the upper dam of McAlpine and throwing 3" curly tails on 1/4 oz jig heads. Plenty of bank access, and opportunities to catch a bunch of species. I'm a hybrid and striper guy myself and catch drum while fishing for them quite often. Good luck and stay safe.
    I have caught them below Meldahl and Markland that way or similar