Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

judge, jury, executioner

I just watched that video from minneapolis. Murder!

Post Thanks / Like

An example

I drove a red chevy pick up. On the rear window was a sticker"gander mountain gun owner" That truck had a factory defect where one of my tail lights didn't work half the time. I received ONE courtesy stop in two years. I wasn't shot, I wasn't asked to show a permit. Or searched for drugs. Why? As much as I dislike al sharptoon, and jesse *******, they are right, driving while black is almost a crime. Is that cop at home with his family, while they investigate? Most folks are jailed, post bail, and have a trial.Are the police above the law?
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent points. Hard to disagree in any way, but I will make a comment.

I've heard that black males despite being a small percentage of the population, commit something like 60 or 70% of violent crimes.

If you were a cop trying to prevent crime, would you watch or treat a young black male different than others?

My comment and question in no way are meant to absolve any cop of wrong doing, just raising a point.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A simple solution

Every black male should own a self driving car. that way they can keep their hands up behind the wheel.If cops got to shoot someone, why not muslims, or would you call that profiling.You certainly profiled black males.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile didn't work for him

That driver was using the provision of the second ammendment. How did work out for him?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how many white people are shot and killed by black officers and you never hear about it. You know it happens but it is never on the news.

Post Thanks / Like

That could have been me

Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    I wonder how many white people are shot and killed by black officers and you never hear about it. You know it happens but it is never on the news.
    I carry while I'm out and about. And I was once stopped for speeding in a rural neighborhood. I was going 38 in a 30 zone so the sheriff deputy just gave me a verbal warning. I had my gun on me at the time and never needed to tell the deputy that I was armed at the time. I kept my hands (both hands) on the steering wheel at 10 and 2 in plain sight of the deputy so that he could see I wasn't holding anything harmful or illegal. He came up behind my driver side of my truck and a little behind me. I kept looking forward and kept my hands on the steering wheel. He didn't know that I had a gun but he was trained to be cautious for sure.

He asked me for my drivers license and I had to undo my seat belt and reach into my right side back pocket to get my wallet. I didn't tell him I had a gun in a holster on my right side. I figured that would freak him out and if he didn't know about it the stop would go smoother. I wasn't going to access my weapon and didn't want to talk about it until it was absolutely necessary. I got the wallet out and retrieved my drivers license and handed it to him. He told me to slow down a bit and complimented me on my electronics inside my truck on the dash. I had the GPS Nuvi the radar detector and some other electronics sitting on the dash in plain sight. Police and firemen love electronic gadgets!!! I use to work with many of them when I was on the Fire Dept as an EMT/Fireman. Many of my friends were policemen. My neighbor was on the same sheriffs dept as this guy. I helped my neighbor install some new lights on his squad car a few years back. That's not the first time I had helped install lights and sirens on police or Fire Vehicles. So I know how they love the gadgets.

Now I was going down the road and thought the speed limit was 40 and didn't slow down when I topped a small hill and my radar detector lit up all three lights and started wailing a warning sound. I figured I was ok. But then I saw in my rear view mirror that the police car was pulling out and following me. After I stopped at the four way stop sign and started back down the road again the lights on his squad car lit up and I pulled over in a safe place right away. As I said I kept my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight.

Police are taught to watch the Hands. So if you show them that you are not holding anything and that your hands are safe then will ease up a bit and not worry so much about you. But if you hide your hands or reach back behind your back or into your pockets or shirt they will react as if you are reaching for a weapon. They are taught this in the academy. So one would be smart to show them that your hands are not holding a weapon or moving to reach for a weapon. Imaginary weapon or real they will react the same way.

So my stop was unremarkable and uneventful. I showed him my drivers license and he gave me a verbal warning to slow down a bit and we both went on our way. I never did have to tell him that I had my gun on my right next to my back pocket and out of his sight.

Now ever since I started carrying my firearm and got my carry license I've been thinking about what I would do if stopped by a policeman. Now if I was going to have to exit the vehicle I would have informed him about the weapon and followed his command to the letter. I would have asked him how he wanted to handle the situation and followed his ever command to the letter as best I could. Because I know that if I didn't do this I could easily be shot by the officer. I don't intend to get into any gun fights with the police. I have my gun for my own personal protection and not to create trouble. I don't show my weapon until it's time to protect myself with deadly force and I would have to be in fear of my own life before I would ever even think about using the weapon.

Now at first when I started to carry a weapon I was always nervous about it. I thought that everyone around me could tell I was packing a gun. I worried about my gun printing though my T shirt. These days I carry everyday and have relaxed more and don't give my weapon a second thought most of all the time. I just would not leave the house or even go out in the yard without putting my weapon in the holster. I keep it next to my bed at night within reach and it's become a part of me.

I'm a white guy and my next door neighbor is a black guy. He is not on the police force anymore but he studied Criminal Justice at Vincennes University and had is associate degree in criminal justice. He carries his glock with him in his car and can access it within seconds if needed.

My recommendation to anyone carrying a weapon such as a pistol is that they take a class from a certified NRA instructor on basic handgun use and safety and also talk to some police officers and ask them how to handle a situation where you get pulled over and have to tell the office that you have a weapon on you and that you have a permit to carry a gun with you. Then listen to what they tell you. Prepare yourself for the future by planning how to react and behave in such a situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not this

Most police cars have a hailer[or should have]. they should ask you to get out of the car,and then ask for IDs I was driving my diesel truck on a highway in TX just outside of brownsville. Towing a large travel trailer, when my fuel system shut down, No power brakes, no power steering, no trailer brakes, I was able to stop with out going off the road, the car behind me left the highway, and went into some road side growth.In about 2 minutes we had Tx state troopers, county police, and border patrol police surronding our truck.After we were allowed to get out of the truck, one cop said they should search the whole rig.We had already been on the road for a month, and we were carrying all kinds of stuff.My wife was still in tears, and told them we had nothing illegal, and our dog was in the back of the crew cab and excited.I asked the trooper to go into my glove box, and remove the papers. When he did, he stopped the search, We had just got the rtruck out of a GM dealership. less than 100 miles away, the paper work had a time stamp on the bill,we were on the road just over two hours, the repairs were for a fuel pump switch.As some of the policecars were pulling away, I asked if they could get us some help.Whitin an hour a tow truck came and another pick up from a near by camp ground, The GM dealer in brownsville got us a rental car, and contacted GM to find out how to handle this situation, We stayed there for about 4 days, and headed back to alabama.This was20 years ago, when times were different.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm really surprised that the law makers, hasn't already passed a law, making it a felony for any citizen to film a cop arresting a person. these cell phone cameras, show everything in living color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Every black male should own a self driving car. that way they can keep their hands up behind the wheel.If cops got to shoot someone, why not muslims, or would you call that profiling.You certainly profiled black males.
    I didn't profile anyone, you did.

Interesting you totally cop out and play the Muslim card instead of answering the question.

I believe the source of a lot of people's anger is the police don't seem to be subject to the same laws as the rest of us. Cops who use excessive force should face assault charges like the rest of us would, then be fired if convicted, they're in the wrong job. I also think if a cop shoots someone in a questionable fashion, they should enter the legal process including jail, just like the rest of us would have to do.

The overwhelming majority of cops do a good job, and I respect them. The bad ones should be punished like any other criminal instead of being subject to police departmental administrative procedures.
    Likes waterdog101, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yes I did

I profiled muslims, I admit that. Yes most cops are dedicated to serving and protecting the public, and thet get little publicity.And I agree, those cops who are sadistic and over react, belong in other jobs. Lets npt blame the media for all of this, though they play a large part, but pictures of folks doing good jobs don't sell advertising space.I saw something I'll always remember, There was a lost confused dog walking the middle of a street, and a squad car stopped, and a black officer got out of his squad, and coaxed the animal into the back seat of the car. I got out of my truck and applauded his action. I was told as a child, if you need help, and see a cop, ask him for it.I still do that when I'm lost, or can't find a place I'm looking for. BUT THERE ARE BAD APPLES IN THE BARREL, AND THEY SHOULD BE THROWN OUT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I carry while I'm out and about. And I was once stopped for speeding in a rural neighborhood. I was going 38 in a 30 zone so the sheriff deputy just gave me a verbal warning. I had my gun on me at the time and never needed to tell the deputy that I was armed at the time. I kept my hands (both hands) on the steering wheel at 10 and 2 in plain sight of the deputy so that he could see I wasn't holding anything harmful or illegal. He came up behind my driver side of my truck and a little behind me. I kept looking forward and kept my hands on the steering wheel. He didn't know that I had a gun but he was trained to be cautious for sure.

He asked me for my drivers license and I had to undo my seat belt and reach into my right side back pocket to get my wallet. I didn't tell him I had a gun in a holster on my right side. I figured that would freak him out and if he didn't know about it the stop would go smoother. I wasn't going to access my weapon and didn't want to talk about it until it was absolutely necessary. I got the wallet out and retrieved my drivers license and handed it to him. He told me to slow down a bit and complimented me on my electronics inside my truck on the dash. I had the GPS Nuvi the radar detector and some other electronics sitting on the dash in plain sight. Police and firemen love electronic gadgets!!! I use to work with many of them when I was on the Fire Dept as an EMT/Fireman. Many of my friends were policemen. My neighbor was on the same sheriffs dept as this guy. I helped my neighbor install some new lights on his squad car a few years back. That's not the first time I had helped install lights and sirens on police or Fire Vehicles. So I know how they love the gadgets.

Now I was going down the road and thought the speed limit was 40 and didn't slow down when I topped a small hill and my radar detector lit up all three lights and started wailing a warning sound. I figured I was ok. But then I saw in my rear view mirror that the police car was pulling out and following me. After I stopped at the four way stop sign and started back down the road again the lights on his squad car lit up and I pulled over in a safe place right away. As I said I kept my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight.

Police are taught to watch the Hands. So if you show them that you are not holding anything and that your hands are safe then will ease up a bit and not worry so much about you. But if you hide your hands or reach back behind your back or into your pockets or shirt they will react as if you are reaching for a weapon. They are taught this in the academy. So one would be smart to show them that your hands are not holding a weapon or moving to reach for a weapon. Imaginary weapon or real they will react the same way.

So my stop was unremarkable and uneventful. I showed him my drivers license and he gave me a verbal warning to slow down a bit and we both went on our way. I never did have to tell him that I had my gun on my right next to my back pocket and out of his sight.

Now ever since I started carrying my firearm and got my carry license I've been thinking about what I would do if stopped by a policeman. Now if I was going to have to exit the vehicle I would have informed him about the weapon and followed his command to the letter. I would have asked him how he wanted to handle the situation and followed his ever command to the letter as best I could. Because I know that if I didn't do this I could easily be shot by the officer. I don't intend to get into any gun fights with the police. I have my gun for my own personal protection and not to create trouble. I don't show my weapon until it's time to protect myself with deadly force and I would have to be in fear of my own life before I would ever even think about using the weapon.

Now at first when I started to carry a weapon I was always nervous about it. I thought that everyone around me could tell I was packing a gun. I worried about my gun printing though my T shirt. These days I carry everyday and have relaxed more and don't give my weapon a second thought most of all the time. I just would not leave the house or even go out in the yard without putting my weapon in the holster. I keep it next to my bed at night within reach and it's become a part of me.

I'm a white guy and my next door neighbor is a black guy. He is not on the police force anymore but he studied Criminal Justice at Vincennes University and had is associate degree in criminal justice. He carries his glock with him in his car and can access it within seconds if needed.

My recommendation to anyone carrying a weapon such as a pistol is that they take a class from a certified NRA instructor on basic handgun use and safety and also talk to some police officers and ask them how to handle a situation where you get pulled over and have to tell the office that you have a weapon on you and that you have a permit to carry a gun with you. Then listen to what they tell you. Prepare yourself for the future by planning how to react and behave in such a situation.
    Not telling a cop you have a gun on your side and and taking off a seat belt is a good way to get killed. I have stopped tons of people in the same situation. I thanked them for letting me know. Cause the one time it catches on a seat belt it maybe too late. You say it can't happen well I hope so for your sake.