Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Let's talk wood creek lake,The good ,The bad ,The ugly

I have been fishing wood creek for the better part of 4 years now.And the quality of bass to me has seemed to go down .Were as i could always go and catch 2 or 3 4 pound bass it seems now you are lucky to get one a trip.So i was curious has anyone noticed this also .And is the lake privately owned or state owned .I was curious about the stocking of the lake or any maintenance they have done to it.

The grass has really came alive the last few years getting Thicker and much more of it compared to a few years back.Which to me should help fishing but it seems to have had the opposite effect.Just curious what you others think that have fished the lake .I love it for flipping and punching but it does seem to not fish as well as years past.To me the lake has great potential to be a trophy bass lake as it has everything you could want to fish.But something is missing and i cant seem to put my finger on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could have bet my life savings that there would be no response from this question. I've been watching it for days. NOBODY wants to share about this lake-never have, never will in my opinion! I've never been on it but have often wondered.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd heard of it but had to Google to make sure it was where I thought it was. Could it be the lack of response means not very many regulars here fish it?
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Could it be the lack of response means not very many regulars here fish it?
    Probably pretty likely. I think I've fished the lake "maybe" 3 times in my life, the last time being over 30yrs ago ... well before the state record Bass was caught from there in 1984.

I was not particularly impressed with the lake, and was doing much better for Bass at other lakes - like Herrington, Cave Run, & Cumberland - and then when they opened Taylorsville, it just never entered my mind to go back to any of the smaller lakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouId think being the state record is from said lake it would b alot mor popular.
    Kinda odd...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chadmack282 View Post
    I wouId think being the state record is from said lake it would b alot mor popular.
    Kinda odd...
    I'm sure it was a few years afterwards, but seeing as how that record is 32 years old ... the lake has probably gone through a lot of changes. Maybe because of the fact that Wood Creek Lake wasn't so popular in the years before that record fish, that the fish lived to become that big ?? Who knows ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Full of trout!